[Update May 16, 2014]: One small tidbit I missed on Justin Bieber's original Calabasas home purchase was that he also purchased the vacant land next door for $2.35 million on June 8, 2012. When Bieber sold this home to Khloe Kardashian, he also sold the land next door for $2.775 million to a non-celebrity which was revealed by TMZ on March 13, 2014.
|Images courtesy Hurwitz James Company|
I am a little late on this so sorry for all the redundancy if already knew about it but back on March 6, 2014, US Weekly magazine reported that Khloe Kardashian had purchased Justin Bieber's home spending a reported $7.2 million for the luxury home in the highly sought after gated community in the The Estates at the Oaks.
For the short time that I have been blogging about celeb R.E.:, there probably hasnt been a home more blogged about this one as prior to Justin Bieber, it was owned by a non-celebrity who purchased it from Nicole Murphy, Eddie Murphy's ex.
This home sale isnt finalized so curious to see if the $7.2 million was the agreed purchase price which would mean that Bieber profited $700,000 from the $6.5 million he paid on April 6, 2012 which is not bad for close to two years living. The home measures 6 Beds/7 Baths on 9,214 sqft on a total lot size of 1.29 acres built in 2005. You can read more details about Bieber's purchase including listing pictures here.
Prior to Bieber purchasing the home, Nicole Murphy sold at a massive loss of $1,985,000 to a non-celebrity for $5,515,000 on May 29, 2011 which she had paid $7.5 million on May 10, 2006. You can read more details about Murphy's listing here.
And on a related note, Khloe Kardashian recently sold her Tarzana home co-owned by Lamar Odom who are now divorcing to Big Bang Theory star, Kaley Cuoco, for $5.49 million translating into a gain of $1.549 million. You can read more details and listing pictures here.
And on another related note, Khloe will be living next to her sister, Kourtney, who just acquired Keyshawn Johnson's mansion somewhere in the price range of $8 million and also listed for sale their previous Calabasas home for $3.499 million which is still available. You can read more details and listing pictures here.
The Calabasas area is home to many celebrities, athletes, and famous execs as discussed in this blog listed below:
- Kourtney Kardashian Lists Calabasas Home and Purchases Keyshawn Johnson's Calabasas home.
- Former NFL Star Marvel Smith Lists for close to $400K loss on November 12, 2013.
- Former Baseball Super Agent Dennis Gilbert lists home for $5,985,000 in May 2013.
- Mexican DJ "El Piolin" Eddie Sotelo Re-lists Calabasas mansion for $7,275,000.
- Will Smith and Jada Pinkett rumors of pocket listing of Calabasas compound for $42 million in August 2013.
- Marla Maples of Donald Trump fame sold Calabasas home for $2.2 million in July 2013.
- David Hasselhoff moves from Encino to Calabasas paying $1.95 million on May 15, 2013.
- Former NBA star, Mitch Richmond, listed his mansion for sale on April 29, 2013 for $9,495,000.
- Former NFL star Keyshawn Johnson listed his mansion for sale on December 3, 2012 for $10,500,000.
- The late Eazy-E's wife, Tomica Woods-Wright, home was recently foreclosed on May 11, 2012 and later sold for $2 million on November 27, 2012.
- Justin Bieber recently purchased the former Nicole Murphy (Eddie's ex) on April 6, 2012 for $6.5 million.
- El Piolin (Tweety Bird) Eddie Sotelo's listing of his mansion for the just reduced price of $6.8 million.
- The former Britney Spears rental was sold for $5.4 million on October 19, 2012.
- Baseball great Eric Davis home was sold as a short sale on May 4, 2012 for $1.8 million.
- Joey Lawrence purchased on December 13, 2011 for $1,442,500.
- NBA star Bryon Russell's home was foreclosed and later sold for $1,560,000.
- Nearby neighbors include Katherine Jackson and the rest of the family, Travis Barker, James Wilson's massive ranch, Candi Milo (former), Joel Diamond, and Brad Wilk of Rage Against the Machine to name a few.