|Images courtesy Ewing & Associates Sotheby's International Realty|
The latest celebrity real estate rumor comes from TMZ on January 25, 2014 who revealed that Big Bang Theory star, Kaley Cuoco and her husband Ryan Sweeting have purchased the Tarzana home formerly owned by Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom who are in the middle of a divorce for $5.49 million. You can view more details and listing pictures of this home here.
Kardashian/Odom first acquired this property for $3,950,000 on December 18, 2009 which if sold at today's asking price would translate into a profit of $1,549,000 before any expenses which is a pretty good return after close to 4 years of living in the home. Its been speculated that Kardashian has already moved back to the mother's nest in Hidden Hills while Odom might be in Florida where he owns another home.
Going back to Cuoco who is no stranger to the SFV as she currently owns a Sherman Oaks home (shown above) that was purchased on November 19, 2010 for $2.4 million and featured 5 Beds/5 Baths on 5,233 sqft on a total lot size of 10,750 sqft built in 2004. Does this mean Kaley will be selling this home in the near future after moving to Tarzana?
Prior to the Sherman Oaks home mentioned above, Cuoco owned another Sherman Oaks home (shown above) that measured 3 Bed/2.5 Bath on 2,171 sqft on a total lot size of 10,510 sqft built in 1937. This home was purchased for $1,355,000 on October 7, 2005 and sold at a $500K loss on August 31, 2011 for $822,500 which was discussed here with more detail.
|Images courtesy Partners Trust Beverly Hills|
|Image courtesy Coldwell Banker|
You can view more SFV Celebrity Real Estate here.
Other celebrities in Tarzana and architecturally significant properties include:
- Kardashian/Odom officially list Tarzana home during divorce on January 8, 2013.
- The Way Brothers of My Chemical Romance each list a home in November 2013.
- Kardashian/Odom Quietly selling Tarzana Mansion Admist Divorce Rumors in November 2013.
- Actor Wilmer Valderrama lists party pad for $3,495,000 in August 2013.
- Singer-Songwriter, Colbie Caillat, lists mansion for $1,399,000 in April 2013.
- Rush Hour Actor, Chris Tucker, Unloads Two of His Tarzana Homes in November 2009 and March 2013.
- NFL star DeSean Jackson who recently purchased a $1,650,000 home.
- Grammy winning mixer Chris Lord-Alge who sold for $2,550,000 in March 2013
- 2x Emmy Winning Producer, Mark Wilding, who recently sold for $1,085,000 in September 2012.
- Selena Gomez purchased Jonah Hill's former home in August 2012.
- Gregory Ain designed Kaye Residence which was available and currently delisted.
- Bruce Boxleitner and Melissa Gilbert who have sold for $839,999 in March 2013 after two years of trying.
- Scary Spice of the Spice Girls recently sold a home for $3 million to Charlie Sheen ex Brooke Mueller who later sold for $3.150 million.
- Anton Yelchin's parents and former home.
- A. Quincy Jones Mid Century Modern home.
- Soap star Kristoff St. John owned a 5 Bed/5.5 Bath mansion from 2005 to 2007 who sold it to DJ Paul of the Three 6 Mafia who sold at a loss in 2010.
- Lamar Odom and Khloe Kardashian who purchased in 2009 for close to $4 million.
- NFL star Keyshawn Johnson.
- Dr. A.E. Abdun-Nur Residence by Paul Williams.