[Update January 29, 2014]: Kaley Cuoco purchased Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom's Tarzana mansion for closing to asking price in January 2014, you can read more details here.
|Images courtesy Ewing & Associates Sotheby's International Realty|
Back on November 13, 2013, gossip juggernaut, TMZ, revealed that Khloe Kardashian, sister of Kim Kardashian, and her husband, ex-Los Angeles Laker, Lamar Odom were quietly selling their Tarzana home due to a possible divorce. Lo and behold a couple of months later and the always hilarious, Your Mama, at the Realestalker, revealed on January 8, 2013 that Kardashian/Odom officially listed their home on the MLS for $5,499,000 and were in the beginning stages of a divorce confirming the rumors first announced at TMZ.
The home measures 7 Beds/8 Baths on 8,000 sqft on a total lot size of 0.75 acres built in 2003 in the exclusive guard-gated Mulholland Park. The listing description states:
Breathtaking Mediterranean Villa within the estates section of guard-gated Mulholland Park. Highlighted by a dramatic two story foyer with sweeping stair case, the estate offers approx. 8400 Sq. Ft. of unparalleled luxury. Six en-suite bedrooms afford exquisite designer details including textured wallpaper, tumbled stone, and mosaic accents. The library/office incl. custom built-ins & opens to a lush patio. Elegant formal living and dining rooms both open up to a rear loggia. A chefs center island kitchen offers the best in form & function incl. a round breakfast nook. The spacious family room is anchored by a glossy tiled floor to ceiling fireplace mantle. The luxurious master suite showcases jet-liner city views. Custom built-ins and a mosaic tiled fireplace enhance the room. The spa-like master bath has dual sinks, a spa tub, and shower with personalized temperature settings and music capability, 3 custom built walk-in closets complete the room. The sprawling ultra-private resort like grounds are highlighted by a stunning pool with cascading water features, fire pits, and spa. A covered Arbor & outdoor kitchen offer the ideal setting for entertaining. Lush foliage, large grassy areas and several seating enclaves complete this one of a kind estate.
Kardashian/Odom first acquired this property for $3,950,000 on December 18, 2009 which if sold at today's asking price would translate into a profit of $1,549,000 before any expenses which is a pretty good return after close to 4 years of living in the home. Its been speculated that Kardashian has already moved back to the mother's nest in Hidden Hills while Odom might be in Florida where he owns another home.
You can view more SFV Celebrity Real Estate here.
Other celebrities in Tarzana and architecturally significant properties include:
- The Way Brothers of My Chemical Romance each list a home in November 2013.
- Kardashian/Odom Quietly selling Tarzana Mansion Admist Divorce Rumors in November 2013.
- Actor Wilmer Valderrama lists party pad for $3,495,000 in August 2013.
- Singer-Songwriter, Colbie Caillat, lists mansion for $1,399,000 in April 2013.
- Rush Hour Actor, Chris Tucker, Unloads Two of His Tarzana Homes in November 2009 and March 2013.
- NFL star DeSean Jackson who recently purchased a $1,650,000 home.
- Grammy winning mixer Chris Lord-Alge who sold for $2,550,000 in March 2013
- 2x Emmy Winning Producer, Mark Wilding, who recently sold for $1,085,000 in September 2012.
- Selena Gomez purchased Jonah Hill's former home in August 2012.
- Gregory Ain designed Kaye Residence which was available and currently delisted.
- Bruce Boxleitner and Melissa Gilbert who have sold for $839,999 in March 2013 after two years of trying.
- Scary Spice of the Spice Girls recently sold a home for $3 million to Charlie Sheen ex Brooke Mueller who later sold for $3.150 million.
- Anton Yelchin's parents and former home.
- A. Quincy Jones Mid Century Modern home.
- Soap star Kristoff St. John owned a 5 Bed/5.5 Bath mansion from 2005 to 2007 who sold it to DJ Paul of the Three 6 Mafia who sold at a loss in 2010.
- Lamar Odom and Khloe Kardashian who purchased in 2009 for close to $4 million.
- NFL star Keyshawn Johnson.
- Dr. A.E. Abdun-Nur Residence by Paul Williams.