[Update May 11, 2014]: This home sold for $6.7 million on April 18, 2014.
|Images courtesy Pinnacle Estate Properties|
Back on the MLS after a one year hiatus is the home of Mexican DJ Eddie Sotelo who goes by the moniker "El Piolin" which translates to Tweety Bird that was given to Sotelo as a child. Sotelo has suffered from some negative publicity lately for an alleged sexual harassment with his producer and other staffers which has resulted in the cancellation of his radio show Piolin por lat Manana on Univision's KSCA La Nueva 101.9 FM. But just like any other radio DJ who gets canceled, Sotelo immediately returned to the airwaves via SiriusXM which makes me wonder how many of his fans switched over to XM and purchased subscriptions.
This home was first listed back on March 12, 2012 for $7,450,000 and lo and behold it is now re-listed at $7,275,000 representing a $175,000 difference. The home measures 7 Beds/8 Baths on 9,279 sqft on a total lot size of 0.96 acres built in 2005 which Sotelo purchased fro $5,850,000 on May 31, 2006 at the peak of the last housing bubble which is irrelevant now because this home is asking well above that mark.
For some reason, the listing agent failed to take any decent pictures and blurry one on top of that using either a damaged camera or a really old camera that needs replacing. However, for your viewing pleasure, you can view pictures from the last listing here when I first talked about this listing. Additionally, you can also read about Sotelo's other homes.
And one other random tidbit, it appears that rapper Tyga was recently renting this property according to a TMZ post. So numerous questions came to mind. Does Tyga still live in the home and hence the reason for the lack of interior pictures? Where does Sotelo currently live? And is Sotelo selling due to 1) financial troubles with the loss of his job, 2) Tyga left and the house remains vacant and therefore Sotelo doesnt want to deal with tenants again, or 3) does Sotelo just wants to make a quick buck? Inquiring minds want to know. Sorry for being so damn noisy, just love celebrity real estate.
The listing description states:
PROUDLY PRESENTING AN EXQUISITE MASTERPIECE, CUSTOM BUILT, UNIQUELY DESIGNED "MANSION" NESTLED IN THE PRESTIGIOUS DOUBLE GATED COMMUNITY "THE ESTATES" WITHIN "THE OAKS OF CALABASAS", SITUATED MERELY ON A PRIVATE ONE ACRE FLAT LOT. STEP INTO AN INVITING 30 FOOT GRAND FORMAL FOYER LOOKING UP A DETAILED DOMED CEILING, PLENTIFUL OF NATURAL LIGHT, OPEN, USEFUL, FLOWING FLOOR PLAN, UNCOMPROMISING LUXURY LIVING, PROFESSIONAL CHEFS KITCHEN, STATE OF THE ART SS APPLIANCES, FINE WALL FINISHES, HAND PAINTED MURALS, CUSTOM HANDTOOLED, CARVED, CABINETRY, FINE FINISHES IMPORTED FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD, PAMPER YOURSELF WITHIN THE SPA ATMOSPHERED MASTER BATHROOM ADJACENT TO THE GENEROUS MASTERSUITE, ALL EN-SUITE BEDROOMS, CENTRAL EQUIPPED SOUND SYSTEM WITH CRESTRON CONTROLLED KEY PADS FOR EACH AREA, AND SECTOR OF THE MANSION, HOME THEATRE, OFFICE, GREAT ROOM, GYM. STEP OUT TO PARADISE!! A BREATHTAKING RESORT AT YOUR BACKYARD, AN ENTERTAINERS DREAM WHERE YOU WILL INDULGE IN THE WATERFALLS OF THIS ROCK FORMATTED ENORMOUS SPARKLING POOL, SPA, SLIDE, TENNIS & SPORTS COURT, OUTDOOR KITCHEN WITH STATE OF THE ART VIKING APPLIANCES, CABANA, FIREPLACE, FIREPIT, MATURE CANARY DATE PALM TREES, EXOTIC VEGETATION, LUSH LANDSCAPING THROUGHOUT THESE WELL MANICURED GROUNDS.Pictures from TMZ.com when Tyga rented the home which match the listing pictures shown in this post and here.
|Images courtesy TMZ.com|
The Calabasas area is home to many celebrities, athletes, and famous execs as discussed in this blog listed below:
- Will Smith and Jada Pinkett rumors of pocket listing of Calabasas compound for $42 million in August 2013.
- Marla Maples of Donald Trump fame sold Calabasas home for $2.2 million in July 2013.
- David Hasselhoff moves from Encino to Calabasas paying $1.95 million on May 15, 2013.
- Former NBA star, Mitch Richmond, listed his mansion for sale on April 29, 2013 for $9,495,000.
- Former NFL star Keyshawn Johnson listed his mansion for sale on December 3, 2012 for $10,500,000.
- The late Eazy-E's wife, Tomica Woods-Wright, home was recently foreclosed on May 11, 2012 and later sold for $2 million on November 27, 2012.
- Justin Bieber recently purchased the former Nicole Murphy (Eddie's ex) on April 6, 2012 for $6.5 million.
- El Piolin (Tweety Bird) Eddie Sotelo's listing of his mansion for the just reduced price of $6.8 million.
- The former Britney Spears rental was sold for $5.4 million on October 19, 2012.
- Baseball great Eric Davis home was sold as a short sale on May 4, 2012 for $1.8 million.
- Joey Lawrence purchased on December 13, 2011 for $1,442,500.
- NBA star Bryon Russell's home was foreclosed and later sold for $1,560,000.
- Nearby neighbors include Katherine Jackson and the rest of the family, Travis Barker, James Wilson's massive ranch, Candi Milo (former), Joel Diamond, and Brad Wilk of Rage Against the Machine to name a few.