|Images courtesy Coldwell Banker|
Back on May 24, 2013, TMZ revealed that David Hasselhoff of Knight Rider and Baywatch fame purchased a Calabasas home for $1.95 million on May 15, 2013. The online property records have yet to be updated but the LA Times also published the same story the next day so it must be legit.
The home measures 5 Beds/6 Baths on 5,767 sqft on a total lot size of 1.54 acres built in 1990. The listing description states:
BACK ON MARKET! BUYERS LOSS CAN BE YOUR GAIN!! Stunning Custom Mediterranean showplace in exclusive small gated community. Updated with travertine and wood floors, plantation shutters, newer bathrooms and kitchen. 5 bedrooms, 6 baths, office, upstairs bonus room with built-ins. Family room with wet bar and hardwood floors. Sunken Living room with hardwood floors. Formal Dining. Large master site with fireplace, balcony, huge walk-in closet and bathroom with dual vanities, stall shower, spa tub. Large eat-in kitchen plus breakfast room. Back yard is paradise with large patios, pool and spa with waterfall, BBQ center, lush landscape and grassy play yard. Upper pad has basketball court. Very private. Great home and property for entertaining or just enjoying life.
The previous owner belonged to former Countrywide Treasurer, Jennifer Sandefur (see her quote in a Fortune article talking about the fall of Countrywide), who purchased this home for $1,650,000 back on June 20, 2003 and stands to make a decent $300k gross profit.
|Above images courtesy The Agency|
Long time readers and fans of Celeb R.E. in the SFV know that Hasselhoff recently sold his longtime Encino home (shown above) in the Amestoy estates area for $3,549,000 on April 26, 2013 which was discussed on this blog (full details and pics included). The sale of that home netted Hasselhoff a gross profit of $1,569,000 which I imagine was used towards the purchase of that home. At the time the Encino home was sold, I said, "Hasselhoff's relocation is unknown but one has to wonder if he sold his longtime Encino home to downsize or simply wanted to move to a more exclusive area." Lo and behold Hasselhoff moved into a gated community in the exclusive Calabasas area where his home literally backs up to Hidden Hills. If any local residents see Hasselhoff's replica K.I.T.T. driving around, please do share pictures.
|I wish they still had this at Universal Studios.|
The Calabasas area is home to many celebrities, athletes, and famous execs as listed below:
- Former NBA star, Mitch Richmond, listed his mansion for sale on April 29, 2013 for $9,495,000.
- Former NFL star Keyshawn Johnson listed his mansion for sale on December 3, 2012 for $10,500,000.
- The late Eazy-E's wife, Tomica Woods-Wright, home was recently foreclosed on May 11, 2012 and later sold for $2 million on November 27, 2012.
- Justin Bieber recently purchased the former Nicole Murphy (Eddie's ex) on April 6, 2012 for $6.5 million.
- El Piolin (Tweety Bird) Eddie Sotelo's listing of his mansion for the just reduced price of $6.8 million.
- The former Britney Spears rental was sold for $5.4 million on October 19, 2012.
- Baseball great Eric Davis home was sold as a short sale on May 4, 2012 for $1.8 million.
- Joey Lawrence purchased on December 13, 2011 for $1,442,500.
- NBA star Bryon Russell's home was foreclosed and later sold for $1,560,000.
- Nearby neighbors include Katherine Jackson and the rest of the family, Travis Barker, James Wilson's massive ranch, Candi Milo (former), Joel Diamond, and Brad Wilk of Rage Against the Machine to name a few.