Eazy-E’s Calabasas Homes: Finding the Real “Eazy’s Playhouse”

Two different Calabasas properties have been described as “Eazy’s Playhouse,” but only one existed during Eazy-E’s lifetime. A 2012 celebrity-real-estate report incorrectly connected a mansion built in 2005 to the famous Ruthless Records gathering place. Property records, historical aerials, and a later listing point instead to a separate Mountain View Estates home purchased by Eazy-E in 1991.

Research note: This article preserves a historical investigation first published in 2013 and updated in 2016. It discusses past transactions and does not identify current residents. Speculation about private residences, personal finances, and later occupants has been removed.

The Short Answer

  • The 2005 mansion: Purchased by Eazy-E’s widow, Tomica Woods Wright, a decade after his death; it could not have been his playhouse.
  • The likely playhouse: A different Mountain View Estates home purchased by Eazy-E in January 1991.
  • Later confirmation: The 1991 property was marketed in 2016 with its Eazy-E history prominently noted.

The 2005 Calabasas Mansion That Caused the Confusion

In 2012, a since-removed TMZ item reportedly described a foreclosed Calabasas mansion as Eazy-E’s famous party house. The dates immediately contradicted that claim: the house was built in 2005, while Eric “Eazy-E” Wright died in 1995.

The verified connection was to his widow, Tomica Woods Wright, who purchased the property in 2005. Records reviewed for the original article showed a foreclosure in May 2012, followed by a sale later that year. Those transactions made the home newsworthy, but they did not connect the building to Eazy-E’s lifetime.

2005 Mansion Quick Facts

  • Location: Calabasas, California
  • Built: 2005
  • Original listing details: Five bedrooms, five-and-a-half bathrooms, approximately 6,701 square feet
  • Lot: Approximately 0.33 acres
  • Verified connection: Purchased by Tomica Woods Wright in 2005
  • Connection to Eazy-E: None during his lifetime

Archived Listing Photos of the 2005 Mansion

These images appeared with the original real-estate listing and are retained to document the property that was mistakenly labeled as Eazy-E’s playhouse.

Archived listing photo of the 2005 Calabasas mansion associated with Tomica Woods Wright
Archived listing photo of the 2005 Calabasas mansion. Original credit: Coldwell Banker.
Second archived listing view of the 2005 Calabasas mansion
Archived listing view of the 2005 mansion. Original credit: Coldwell Banker.
Third archived listing view of the 2005 Calabasas mansion
Archived listing view of the 2005 mansion. Original credit: Coldwell Banker.
Fourth archived listing view of the 2005 Calabasas mansion
Archived listing view of the 2005 mansion. Original credit: Coldwell Banker.
Fifth archived listing view of the 2005 Calabasas mansion
Archived listing view of the 2005 mansion. Original credit: Coldwell Banker.
Sixth archived listing view of the 2005 Calabasas mansion
Archived listing view of the 2005 mansion. Original credit: Coldwell Banker.
Seventh archived listing view of the 2005 Calabasas mansion
Archived listing view of the 2005 mansion. Original credit: Coldwell Banker.

The Aerial Evidence

A historical Google Earth image from May 1994 showed undeveloped land where the 2005 mansion would later stand. That visual evidence confirms that Eazy-E could not have lived or hosted gatherings in the later house.

1994 aerial image showing undeveloped land at the site of the later Calabasas mansion
May 1994 Google Earth image showing open land before the 2005 mansion was built.

Finding the Real “Eazy’s Playhouse”

The original investigation found a second Calabasas connection inside Mountain View Estates. Property records reviewed for the article showed that Eazy-E purchased a five-bedroom home there on January 8, 1991 for a reported $1.175 million. His manager and Ruthless Records partner Jerry Heller owned another property nearby.

The evidence available in 2013 strongly favored this 1991 house over the later mansion. The identification became much stronger in March 2016, when the Mountain View Estates property was listed for sale with its Eazy-E history included in the marketing.

See the 2016 listing coverage and additional photos of Eazy-E’s former playhouse.

Mountain View Estates home identified as Eazy-E's former Calabasas playhouse
Google Maps archive image used in the original investigation of Eazy-E’s Mountain View Estates home.

Why the Distinction Matters

The correction separates Eazy-E’s history from a later foreclosure story involving his widow. More importantly, it places the real playhouse in the same early-1990s Calabasas orbit as homes connected to Jerry Heller and Dr. Dre. That cluster helps explain the San Fernando Valley’s overlooked role in the business and personal geography of N.W.A. and Ruthless Records.

Related San Fernando Valley Music History

Editor’s note: This article was substantially revised in August 2026 to distinguish the two Calabasas properties, correct the spelling of Eazy-E, remove privacy-sensitive speculation, and present the evidence chronologically.

9 Comments

  1. IAM taking eazye house : love mrs.wright eric real wife

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there I was a private fiend of Mr,erick wright , I lived in the same neighborhood as Mr Wright in norwalk ca I first met mr Wright when I walked buy his home and one evening I went for a walk and walked by Mr Wright's home and out of no ware there was Mr Wright I said hello and he says what's up with a smile and i say aren't you ez e at first he says you got your muggers mixed up and laughed he says yaaaa that's me so I introduced my self and him himself and starting like if we new each other Mr Wright I felt some kind of vibe when talking to mr Wright it was like something was wrong and and wanted to talk I felt that there was saddens in Mr Wright then he say I gots to go now and he say can I have your number i said for what and he replied I don't no so we can talk dont trip it's all kool. As neighbours you no I said yes I'll give you my number I gave it to Mr Wright with excitment in my head i said wow so we said our introducings as neighbours and good buy to one another he went his way and me continued walking my normal rout I get home and tell my wife you would never no what happend she said what ez e the rapper asked me for my number and she said your crazy be quiet I'm serious I said she didn't believe me anyways as the days came and went I said he ain't going to call me I gave up hope and let go and one evening on my way from work get home my phone rang and it was Mr Wright and we talked for an hour there was a lot and can tell he needed to talk to some I listend to Mr Wright and after we talked befor before you new he starting more often he would call when I would be relaxing from a hard days work and we would talk for about an hour in a half everyday I felt as we new each other for years about 2 months down he called me and says can I swing buy your house I said what ya can swing buy your house it. Was on a Thursday night I said sure I said he ain't coming I couldn't believe this and he showed up and my wife says hews this it's ez e and she looked at him like she couldn't believe it so I asked him you want a drink or you want to have dinner with me and my wife ya that sounds good offered him a corona and says this tast like pise but he drank it we step out to my backyard and and he was in peace just started taking away about his life and ever sceanse sense then we became close and private friends till Mr Wright's passing we talked and talked I would listen to him and give Mr Wright the best advise I could to move forward in life and to continue and fulfill his career and dreams I never came forward to talk about this with anyone due to the reasons of poblisity it's a crazy world in it .i thought I would let this out to his love one hew was you he talked about you very highly and loved you to the fullest .thank you and good bless you and his family .

      Delete
    2. Was Easy an only child ?
      Just interested in his past if anyone has information.
      I know his wife inherited his company but was there anyone else .
      brothers sisters girlfriends other children that he thought of in his last days?

      Delete
  2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIWmG_f2CUg no one prob gonna see this but that is eazy-e's house, the one that's next to jerrys. He confirms it in a interview at around the 30:00 minute mark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anonymous. I noticed that too and helped confirm my the find of the infamous Playhouse.

      Delete
  3. Yes Eazy E lived in moutian view estates. Dr. Dre lived in the same community as well, well past Eazy E's death. I had friends who lived in that neighborhood and we would trick or treat at both of their houses. Strange that they never reconciled but lived so close to each other.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like he was trapped between 2 world's. It's such a waste that 3 great rappers got so sucked up that they lost sight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Was Easy an only child ?
    Just interested in his past if anyone has information.
    I know his wife inherited his company but was there anyone else .
    siblings girlfriends other children that he thought of in his last days?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heller lived at 5436 Wellesley Dr. in Mountain View Estates in Calabasas.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post