|Images courtesy Ewing & Associates Sotheby's International Realty|
The former Mrs. Donald Trump, Marla Maples, has just sold her Calabasas mansion in the Mountain View Estates area for $2.2 million on July 22, 2013 as reported by the fabulous folks at Trulia Luxe Living. Maples purchased this home for $1.349 million on November 17, 1999 representing a gain of $851,000 before taxes, commissions, carrying costs, and any renovation expenses.
The home measures 5 Beds/6 Baths on 5,770 sqft on a total lot size of 0.33 acres built in 1990. The listing description states:
Prestigious Mountain View Estates, rarely available Plan 5. Magnificent double door entry leads to the grand rotunda that is framed by a sweeping scrolled wrought iron staircase. The spacious and sunny kitchen is directly connected to the family room which is a rarity in many of the plans offered in this development. The ideal floor plan offers a downstairs bedroom and two spacious en suites upstairs. The grand master suite features a romantic fireplace retreat and the most magnificent balcony with beautiful mountain views. The essence of the phrase, "entertainer's backyard" has never been truer. .. the pool has a swim up bar with barstools, water slide, cascading spa and water feature, grassy yard with sport court, step down barbecue area and dining and lounging patios. With upgrades too numerous to mention, this house must be seen to be appreciated. Located in the award winning Las Virgenes School District and minutes from "The Commons" and Malibu. .. an absolute jewel.Maples is leaving the SFV and heading to New York City after raising her daugther, Tiffany.
The Calabasas area is home to many celebrities, athletes, and famous execs as discussed in this blog listed below:
- David Hasselhoff moves from Encino to Calabasas paying $1.95 million on May 15, 2013.
- Former NBA star, Mitch Richmond, listed his mansion for sale on April 29, 2013 for $9,495,000.
- Former NFL star Keyshawn Johnson listed his mansion for sale on December 3, 2012 for $10,500,000.
- The late Eazy-E's wife, Tomica Woods-Wright, home was recently foreclosed on May 11, 2012 and later sold for $2 million on November 27, 2012.
- Justin Bieber recently purchased the former Nicole Murphy (Eddie's ex) on April 6, 2012 for $6.5 million.
- El Piolin (Tweety Bird) Eddie Sotelo's listing of his mansion for the just reduced price of $6.8 million.
- The former Britney Spears rental was sold for $5.4 million on October 19, 2012.
- Baseball great Eric Davis home was sold as a short sale on May 4, 2012 for $1.8 million.
- Joey Lawrence purchased on December 13, 2011 for $1,442,500.
- NBA star Bryon Russell's home was foreclosed and later sold for $1,560,000.
- Nearby neighbors include Katherine Jackson and the rest of the family, Travis Barker, James Wilson's massive ranch, Candi Milo (former), Joel Diamond, and Brad Wilk of Rage Against the Machine to name a few.