|Image courtesy Bornrich.com|
The latest rumor from the always hilarious Your Mama at the Realestalker is that Hollywood power couple, Will Smith and Jada Pinkett, quietly put their Calabasas mansion (sometimes reported as Malibu) up for sale as a pocket listing (meaning not listed on the MLS) asking a monstrous $42 million back on August 27, 2013 which is the highest asking single family real estate property in the SFV at this time.
The other rumor floating around is that Will and Jada are separated and are currently trying to dissolve of their biggest assets which has already included a 7 acre Hawaiian hideaway on the island of Kauai that was sold to Russian real estate mogul Dmitry Rybolovlev for $20 million according to the Realestalker.
And the third rumor which is the main reason for rumors #1 and #2 is that Jada is having an affair with Marc Antony who recently purchased a new home in Encino after filing for divorce against Jennifer Lopez who currently lives in Hidden Hills. I dont know if any of these rumors are true but they make for a good story.
|Image courtesy Architectural Digest|
The Calabasas home sits on more than 150 acres with the main home measuring 25,000 sqft that was designed by Santa Fe-based architect, Stephen Samuelson, using "various interpretations of adobe in Persian, Moroccan, Spanish, as well as Southwest American cultures" according to the September 2011 issues of Architectural Digest where the home was featured and you can view many great pictures of the property here.
|Image courtesy Google Maps|
The Smiths also own a Hidden Hills home that measures 5 Beds/6 Baths on 5,976 sqft on a total lot size of 4.86 acres built in 1978 and was purchased on April 17, 2003 for $3.4 million. This home was supposedly the temporary residence for the Smiths while the Calabasas home was being built. Currently, the rumors suggest that this is location is where Jada Pinkett lives and has been spotted with Marc Antony assuming the rumors are true. Surprisingly or not, this home is not too far from Jennifer Lopez's home in Hidden Hills.
|Image courtesy RE/MAX|
The Smiths also own a Woodland Hills home that measures 5 Beds/5.5 Baths on 4,146 sqft on a total lot size of 6,925 sqft that was built in 2007 and purchased on August 16, 2010 for $910,000. The purpose of this home purchase is unknown but could possibly be for family, investment, or even for the kids because when you have that much money, why not?
We currently await for any rumors to be confirmed and when we catch wind of it, definitely will post providing whatever pictures are available for this unique and massive property. Hopefully this is not true as I hope the Smiths will still call the SFV home.
The Calabasas area is home to many celebrities, athletes, and famous execs as discussed in this blog listed below:
- Marla Maples of Donald Trump fame sold Calabasas home for $2.2 million in July 2013.
- David Hasselhoff moves from Encino to Calabasas paying $1.95 million on May 15, 2013.
- Former NBA star, Mitch Richmond, listed his mansion for sale on April 29, 2013 for $9,495,000.
- Former NFL star Keyshawn Johnson listed his mansion for sale on December 3, 2012 for $10,500,000.
- The late Eazy-E's wife, Tomica Woods-Wright, home was recently foreclosed on May 11, 2012 and later sold for $2 million on November 27, 2012.
- Justin Bieber recently purchased the former Nicole Murphy (Eddie's ex) on April 6, 2012 for $6.5 million.
- El Piolin (Tweety Bird) Eddie Sotelo's listing of his mansion for the just reduced price of $6.8 million.
- The former Britney Spears rental was sold for $5.4 million on October 19, 2012.
- Baseball great Eric Davis home was sold as a short sale on May 4, 2012 for $1.8 million.
- Joey Lawrence purchased on December 13, 2011 for $1,442,500.
- NBA star Bryon Russell's home was foreclosed and later sold for $1,560,000.
- Nearby neighbors include Katherine Jackson and the rest of the family, Travis Barker, James Wilson's massive ranch, Candi Milo (former), Joel Diamond, and Brad Wilk of Rage Against the Machine to name a few.