|Images courtesy Coldwell Banker|
The fine folks at Zillow Blog reported back on September 6, 2013, that Alice In Chains Guitarist Jerry Cantrell sold his Studio City home for $1.45 million on September 3, 2013 after first being listed on June 10, 2013 for $1,495,000.
The home measures 3 Beds/2 Baths on 2,151 sqft on a total lot size of 0.26 acres built in 1936. The listing description states:
Walled and gated Spanish gem in prime Studio City, South of Ventura Blvd. Private entrance with long driveway to 2-car garage and charming front courtyard with lawn and garden. 3 bedrooms and 2 baths. Open floor plan ideal for indoor and outdoor entertaining. Sonos sound system throughout the property, equipped with security cameras in all the right places. Living room with fireplace, dining room, and Chef's kitchen featuring center island, Viking appliances and breakfast area. Spacious master with sitting area and French doors opening to back patio. The beautiful backyard offers a tranquil setting featuring mature landscaping, pool, spa, covered BBQ area, tiled patios for a variety of sitting areas, and guesthouse with bath.
The home was last purchased on July 1, 2005 for $1,245,000 netting a profit of $205K before expenses which is pretty good considering Cantrell purchased near the top of the market. It appears that Cantrell is leaving the SFV for good as The Zillow Blog is reporting that Cantrell is returning to his home roots in Washington state where he just purchased a home in Burien, WA for $1.35 million in March 2012.
You can view more SFV Celebrity Real Estate here.
Other celebrities from Studio City featured on this website include:
- Legendary actor, Ed Asner, listed his home for $1.5 million in July 2013.
- Nickelodeon iCarly star, Jennette McCurdy, purchases first home for $905,000 in April 2013.
- The Strokes Nick Valensi and Amanda de Cadenet home listed for $1.799 million in June 2013.
- Erez Eisen of Infected Mushroom Lists home with studio for $1,199,000 in June 2013.
- Jensen Ackles Sells Studio City home for $700,000 in February 2013.
- The Estate of the Late Joseph Barbera Re-Lists Robert Byrd Designed home for $5.5 million in June 2013.
- Joaquin Phoenix Buys House Next Door From Main Home in March 2013 for $1,391,000.
- LL Cool J's Rental Where He Beat Down A Burlgar hits the market in April 2013 for $5,950,000.
- Boys Like Girls Singer, Martin Johnson, Flips Studio City Home in April 2013 for $1,150,000.
- Dodger's pitcher, Zach Greinke's compound purchase in April 2013 for $4,575,000.
- Producer Mark Wilding who purchased a home in July 2012 for $1,825,000.
- Actress Kathy Najimy who listed for $1,875,000 on March 4, 2013.
- The Late Sage Stallone (son of Sylvester Stallone) home hit the market on February 23, 2013 for $2,399,999.
- Signer-songwriter Kara DioGuardi sold her mansion for $6.3 million on December 28, 2012.
- Actress Persia White's Short Sale for $1,199,000 on February 5, 2013.
- Actor Hayden Christensen Lists Architectural home for $2,650,000 on September 20, 2012.
- The Studio City home claimed to be last resting place for Beatles George Harrison sold on October 10, 2012 for $1,489,000.
- Alpha Dog's Anton Yelchin purchased a home for $945,000 on May 18, 2012.
- Musician Pete Wentz purchased a home for $1,050,000 on April 13, 2012.
- Judge Judy producer, Timothy Regler, listed his home for $4,495,000 on April, 19, 2012.
- The Kardashians fake home is available for $6,495,000 on February 29, 2012.
- Kristen Bell's home was foreclosed on February 10, 2012 which later sold for $1,954,000 on April 30, 2012.
- Musician Billy Howerdel listed his home on January 18, 2012 for $1.8 million.
- Jeopardy host Alex Trebek unloading a home near his main home for $1,640,000 on December 2, 2011.
- Boys Like Girls singer Martin Johnson purchased on January 7, 2011 for $737,000.
- The Former Cuba Gooding, Jr. home that was sold by Composer-Arranger Roger Neil on February 3, 2012 for $1,550,000.
- Former Jane Fonda house sold by actor Ethan Suplee for $1.6 million on January 2, 2013.
- Former Yvonne de Carlo home sold for $6.25 million on August 5, 2011.
- Singer-actress Miley Cyrus purchases a home for $3.9 million on June 1, 2011.
- The Estate of Anna Nicole Smith's home was listed for $1,750,000 on June 30, 2011.
- The Late cartoonist Joseph Barbera's 2 acre mansion was listed at $6,795,000 on June 2, 2011.
- Neil Patrick Harris of Doogie Howser fame, sold his home for $1,535,000 on April 28, 2011 and purchased in nearby Sherman Oaks.
- Actor Taye Diggs purchases a home for $2,090,000 on April 27, 2010.
- Survivor host, Jeff Probst, purchased the Gene Autry mansion for $5 million on April 1, 2011.
- George Clooney owns a home that was purchased in 1995.