Celeb R.E.: The Strokes Nick Valensi and Amanda de Cadenet List Studio City Home Hoping to Recover From Loss on Van Nuys Home
[Update January 22, 2014]: This home sold for $1,665,000 on October 4, 2013.
|Images courtesy The Agency|
Back on July 3, 2013, the always informative Lauren Beale at LA Times Hot Property revealed that the Studio City home of Nick Valensi and Amanda de Cadenet was listed for $1.799 million on June 19, 2013.
Nick Valensi is known for being a guitarist for the rock band, The Strokes, while Amanda de Cadenet hosts a TV interview series called The Conversation with Amanda de Cadenet airing on the Lifetime Channel which is co-executive produced by Demi Moore and utilized this residence to film interviews with notable personalities like Lady Gaga, Rita Wilson, Portia de Rossi, and Gwyneth Paltrow, among others.
De Cadenet is also the daughter of racing car driver and television presenter, Alain de Cadenet. De Cadenet was also married to Duran Duran bassist John Taylor in 1991 which ended in 1997. De Cadenet and Valensi married in the summer of 2006 while a couple of months later, De Cadenent gave birth to their fraternal twins in October 2006.
The home measures 5 Beds/6 Baths on 4,000 sqft on a total lot size of 6,726 sqft built in 2009. The property records state the home was originally built in 1948 and renovated in 1987. So not sure about the discrepancy. The listing description states:
Gorgeous newer construction. Classic New England Traditional with excellent floor plan and 4 Bedrooms 6 baths. Large open chef's kitchen with center island, overlooks Family room and Dining Room. Spacious Master Suite with luxurious bath and oversized walk-in closet. 2 Additional upstairs kids bedrooms and laundry room. 1st floor Guest room with en suite bathroom, plus home office or 5th bedroom. Large flat grassy yard to play and entertain is surrounded by tall sculpted privacy hedges. Beautiful high end finishes and designer details throughout. Huge finished garage, and a 2 bedroom/1 bath permitted Guest Studio above the garage perfect for artist to record, edit, create. Fantastic walking neighborhood close to Beeman Park, the Library, the Tennis/Golf Course, and quick, fun bike ride to Ventura Blvd's best shopping.
Valensi and de Cadenet acquired this home on February 16, 2011 for $1.3 million which means that if sold at today's asking price, they will earn a profit of $499,000 before taxes, commission, any renovation costs, and carrying costs.
Based on a search online, it appears that Valensi and de Cadenent also maintain an apartment in New York City where Valensi is originally from on 5th avenue just a couple of blocks south of Rockefeller Center.
|Images courtesy Teles Properties.|
De Cadenet has lived in other properties in Los Angeles starting with a 3 Bed/1.75 Bath on 2,265 sqft on a total lot size of 0.36 acres built in 1949 in Van Nuys (shown above). This home was purchased for $890,000 on October 1, 2004 and later sold for $764,500 on November 22, 2011 representing a loss of $125,500 before taxes, commissions, carrying costs, and renovation costs. I am assuming that Cadenet and Valensi lived in this home together after they married in 2006 and possibly prior to that as well.
|Image courtesy Google Maps|
Prior to the Van Nuys home, de Cadenet lived in a 3 Bed/2 Bath on 1,414 sqft on a total lot size of 5,006 sqft built in 1938 in the Hollywood Hills nearby Beachwood Drive. This home was purchased for $540,000 on April 10, 2001 and later sold for $860,000 on February 2, 2005 representing a gain of $320,000 before the usual expenses. I am a bit surprised that de Cadenet left the Hollywood Hills for Van Nuys unless there were some other motives that are not easily known.
|Image courtesy Google Maps.|
Lastly, prior to the Hollywood Hills home, de Cadenet lived in 3 Bed/3 Bath on 2,334 sqft on a total lot size of 6,093 sqft built in 1930 in the Laurel Canyon area. This home was shared with previous husband, John Taylor when they first purchased on May 9, 1995 for $575,000 and later sold for $720,000 on May 11, 2001 representing a gain of $145,000 before the usual expenses. I am assuming that this home was sold as a result of the divorce leading de Cadenent to purchase the Beachwood home, followed by the Van Nuys home, and then the Studio City home. So the question becomes, where are de Cadenet and Valensi headed to next?
You can view more SFV Celebrity Real Estate here.
Other celebrities from Studio City featured on this website include:
- Erez Eisen of Infected Mushroom Lists home with studio for $1,199,000 in June 2013.
- Jensen Ackles Sells Studio City home for $700,000 in February 2013.
- The Estate of the Late Joseph Barbera Re-Lists Robert Byrd Designed home for $5.5 million in June 2013.
- Joaquin Phoenix Buys House Next Door From Main Home in March 2013 for $1,391,000.
- LL Cool J's Rental Where He Beat Down A Burlgar hits the market in April 2013 for $5,950,000.
- Boys Like Girls Singer, Martin Johnson, Flips Studio City Home in April 2013 for $1,150,000.
- Dodger's pitcher, Zach Greinke's compound purchase in April 2013 for $4,575,000.
- Producer Mark Wilding who purchased a home in July 2012 for $1,825,000.
- Actress Kathy Najimy who listed for $1,875,000 on March 4, 2013.
- The Late Sage Stallone (son of Sylvester Stallone) home hit the market on February 23, 2013 for $2,399,999.
- Signer-songwriter Kara DioGuardi sold her mansion for $6.3 million on December 28, 2012.
- Actress Persia White's Short Sale for $1,199,000 on February 5, 2013.
- Actor Hayden Christensen Lists Architectural home for $2,650,000 on September 20, 2012.
- The Studio City home claimed to be last resting place for Beatles George Harrison sold on October 10, 2012 for $1,489,000.
- Alpha Dog's Anton Yelchin purchased a home for $945,000 on May 18, 2012.
- Musician Pete Wentz purchased a home for $1,050,000 on April 13, 2012.
- Judge Judy producer, Timothy Regler, listed his home for $4,495,000 on April, 19, 2012.
- The Kardashians fake home is available for $6,495,000 on February 29, 2012.
- Kristen Bell's home was foreclosed on February 10, 2012 which later sold for $1,954,000 on April 30, 2012.
- Musician Billy Howerdel listed his home on January 18, 2012 for $1.8 million.
- Jeopardy host Alex Trebek unloading a home near his main home for $1,640,000 on December 2, 2011.
- Boys Like Girls singer Martin Johnson purchased on January 7, 2011 for $737,000.
- The Former Cuba Gooding, Jr. home that was sold by Composer-Arranger Roger Neil on February 3, 2012 for $1,550,000.
- Former Jane Fonda house sold by actor Ethan Suplee for $1.6 million on January 2, 2013.
- Former Yvonne de Carlo home sold for $6.25 million on August 5, 2011.
- Singer-actress Miley Cyrus purchases a home for $3.9 million on June 1, 2011.
- The Estate of Anna Nicole Smith's home was listed for $1,750,000 on June 30, 2011.
- The Late cartoonist Joseph Barbera's 2 acre mansion was listed at $6,795,000 on June 2, 2011.
- Neil Patrick Harris of Doogie Howser fame, sold his home for $1,535,000 on April 28, 2011 and purchased in nearby Sherman Oaks.
- Actor Taye Diggs purchases a home for $2,090,000 on April 27, 2010.
- Survivor host, Jeff Probst, purchased the Gene Autry mansion for $5 million on April 1, 2011.
- George Clooney owns a home that was purchased in 1995.