|Images courtesy Keller Williams Realty|
The estate of the late Joseph Barbera in Studio City has been re-listed which I first discussed (containing more details of the property) back on June 3, 2011. Flash forward two years later, and the home is listed again with an asking price of $5.5 million. Back in 2011, the home was listed for $6,795,000 with no takers which was taken on and off the market since then. The listing description states:
The legendary Joseph Barbera Estate. This gorgeous, recently updated, one-of-a-kind nearly two acre Byrd designed estate in Fryman Estates Built in 1988 features five bedrooms, seven bathrooms, plus guest house and expansive home office, (an exact Replica of Joe Barbera's office with all the great Scooby Doo and Flinstones memorabilia), championship lighted tennis court and twenty plus car garage fit for the finest of car collectors. Architecturally dramatic beamed ceilings, hardwood floors, stone fireplaces, large formal dining room, elegant open kitchen with granite counters, custom cabinetry, over-sized center-island, pantry, and bright sunny breakfast area, with temperature controlled pantry and kitchen itself. A generous first floor spa-like master suite retreat features vaulted ceilings, extensive closet and dressing area, dual baths, spa tub and fireplace. Lower level bedroom wing offers four additional large private en-suite bedrooms. Gated and private grounds.Looking at the garage just makes me jealous. I need to stop here.
If you dont know who Joseph Barbera is, you must have be living under a rock or are less than 10 years old. But here is brief bio of the influential animator from Wikipedia:
Joseph Barbera was born in 1911 and past away at the age of 95 in 2006. He was survived by his second wife, Shelia, and three children from the first wife. Barbera (who teamed with William Hanna) was the renowned and acclamied cartoon artist having worked on widely successful shows such as Tom and Jerry, Scooby-Doo, Yogi Bear, The Smurfs, and The Jetsons to name a few. Basically all the cartoons we watched as kids were created by Barbera whose works have reached an audience of over 300 million people in the 1960s and translated into more than 20 languages.
|Image courtesy Prudential California Realty|
|Image courtesy Google Maps|
Joseph Barbera also owned a Sherman Oaks home (shown above) that is lacking ownership details but it appears that Barbera may have purchased this home sometime in the 80's or before and sold possibly in the late 80's or early 90's probably coinciding with the purchase of the home mentioned above. This home measures 5 Beds/5 Baths on 4,424 sqft on a total lot size of 1.01 acres built in 1948 and was most recently sold on November 16, 2012 for $2,970,000.
You can view more SFV Celebrity Real Estate here.
Other celebrities from Studio City featured on this website include:
- Joaquin Phoenix Buys House Next Door From Main Home in March 2013 for $1,391,000.
- LL Cool J's Rental Where He Beat Down A Burlgar hits the market in April 2013 for $5,950,000.
- Boys Like Girls Singer, Martin Johnson, Flips Studio City Home in April 2013 for $1,150,000.
- Dodger's pitcher, Zach Greinke's compound purchase in April 2013 for $4,575,000.
- Producer Mark Wilding who purchased a home in July 2012 for $1,825,000.
- Actress Kathy Najimy who listed for $1,875,000 on March 4, 2013.
- The Late Sage Stallone (son of Sylvester Stallone) home hit the market on February 23, 2013 for $2,399,999.
- Signer-songwriter Kara DioGuardi sold her mansion for $6.3 million on December 28, 2012.
- Actress Persia White's Short Sale for $1,199,000 on February 5, 2013.
- Actor Hayden Christensen Lists Architectural home for $2,650,000 on September 20, 2012.
- The Studio City home claimed to be last resting place for Beatles George Harrison sold on October 10, 2012 for $1,489,000.
- Alpha Dog's Anton Yelchin purchased a home for $945,000 on May 18, 2012.
- Musician Pete Wentz purchased a home for $1,050,000 on April 13, 2012.
- Judge Judy producer, Timothy Regler, listed his home for $4,495,000 on April, 19, 2012.
- The Kardashians fake home is available for $6,495,000 on February 29, 2012.
- Kristen Bell's home was foreclosed on February 10, 2012 which later sold for $1,954,000 on April 30, 2012.
- Musician Billy Howerdel listed his home on January 18, 2012 for $1.8 million.
- Jeopardy host Alex Trebek unloading a home near his main home for $1,640,000 on December 2, 2011.
- Boys Like Girls singer Martin Johnson purchased on January 7, 2011 for $737,000.
- The Former Cuba Gooding, Jr. home that was sold by Composer-Arranger Roger Neil on February 3, 2012 for $1,550,000.
- Former Jane Fonda house sold by actor Ethan Suplee for $1.6 million on January 2, 2013.
- Former Yvonne de Carlo home sold for $6.25 million on August 5, 2011.
- Singer-actress Miley Cyrus purchases a home for $3.9 million on June 1, 2011.
- The Estate of Anna Nicole Smith's home was listed for $1,750,000 on June 30, 2011.
- The Late cartoonist Joseph Barbera's 2 acre mansion was listed at $6,795,000 on June 2, 2011.
- Neil Patrick Harris of Doogie Howser fame, sold his home for $1,535,000 on April 28, 2011 and purchased in nearby Sherman Oaks.
- Actor Taye Diggs purchases a home for $2,090,000 on April 27, 2010.
- Survivor host, Jeff Probst, purchased the Gene Autry mansion for $5 million on April 1, 2011.
- George Clooney owns a home that was purchased in 1995.