Celeb R.E.: Jensen Ackles of Days of our Lives and Supernatural Sells Studio City and Brentwood Home
|Above images courtesy Google Maps|
I am a couple of months late on this one but the fine folks at Trulia Luxe Living first reported the dual home sales of actor Jensen Ackles back on May 7, 2013.
Jensen Ackles is widely known for playing "Dean Winchester" on Supernatural and "Eric Brady" on Days of our Lives from 1998 - 2002.
The first home Ackles sold was in Studio City (shown above and located next door to the mid century streamline modern Lydecker Hilltop House HCM# 918) and was apparently sold under the radar as there are no listing descriptions or pictures available that I can find. The home measures 2 Beds/2 Baths on 1,414 sqft on a total lot size of 5,337 sqft built in 1964. This home was last purchased on August 22, 2003 for $645,000 and sold at a gain of $55,000 for $700,000 on February 15, 2013. This final sale price may have been sold at a small loss or breakeven depending on how much Ackles has spent on the property considering that a 6% commission for closing costs is $42,000.
|Images courtesy Keller Williams Studio City|
The second home is located in Brentwood (shown above) which was listed on the MLS with an abundance of photos and property description. This home measures 3 Beds/3.5 Baths on 3,554 sqft on a total lot size of 0.29 acres built in 1947. This home was last purchased on September 25, 2009 for $2,435,000 and sold for $3 million on March 20, 2013 representing a gain of $565,000. Ackles originally listed this home for $3,495,000 on July 3, 2012 which was reduced to $3 million for the final sales price. The listing description states:
REDUCED $200,000. Seller has found another home. Submit all offers! Dazzling compound, recently renovated with exquisite details throughout. Excellent location; close to village. Estate is surrounded by walls and mature landscaping, providing the ultimate privacy and security. The main house has 3 bedrooms and 3.5 baths and has been elegantly updated with the finest touches. Soaring ceilings, formal living room with custom library loft. Large, professional chef's kitchen invites all to experience California's relaxed lifestyle. Outdoor area is an expansive and gorgeous oasis. Sparkling pool and spa; outdoor stainless kitchen, sprawling grassy yard with professional "Farmscape" garden and an array of assorted fruit trees. Property includes a beautifully renovated 900+ sq ft, 2-story guesthouse, with separate gated entrance. Current owners have spared no expense seeking perfection and have created the ultimate family home and entertainer's paradise. See Agent for Exclusions!!!
Ackles' new home location or the reason for the above mentioned sales but could be related to the fact that he just became a new father on May 30, 2013 to a daugther, Justice Jay "JJ" Ackles. Typically, when there is a newborn, that means there is a newer bigger house to accommodate the expanding family. Only time will tell on the new whereabouts.
You can view more SFV Celebrity Real Estate here.
Other celebrities from Studio City featured on this website include:
- The Estate of the Late Joseph Barbera Re-Lists Robert Byrd Designed home for $5.5 million in June 2013.
- Joaquin Phoenix Buys House Next Door From Main Home in March 2013 for $1,391,000.
- LL Cool J's Rental Where He Beat Down A Burlgar hits the market in April 2013 for $5,950,000.
- Boys Like Girls Singer, Martin Johnson, Flips Studio City Home in April 2013 for $1,150,000.
- Dodger's pitcher, Zach Greinke's compound purchase in April 2013 for $4,575,000.
- Producer Mark Wilding who purchased a home in July 2012 for $1,825,000.
- Actress Kathy Najimy who listed for $1,875,000 on March 4, 2013.
- The Late Sage Stallone (son of Sylvester Stallone) home hit the market on February 23, 2013 for $2,399,999.
- Signer-songwriter Kara DioGuardi sold her mansion for $6.3 million on December 28, 2012.
- Actress Persia White's Short Sale for $1,199,000 on February 5, 2013.
- Actor Hayden Christensen Lists Architectural home for $2,650,000 on September 20, 2012.
- The Studio City home claimed to be last resting place for Beatles George Harrison sold on October 10, 2012 for $1,489,000.
- Alpha Dog's Anton Yelchin purchased a home for $945,000 on May 18, 2012.
- Musician Pete Wentz purchased a home for $1,050,000 on April 13, 2012.
- Judge Judy producer, Timothy Regler, listed his home for $4,495,000 on April, 19, 2012.
- The Kardashians fake home is available for $6,495,000 on February 29, 2012.
- Kristen Bell's home was foreclosed on February 10, 2012 which later sold for $1,954,000 on April 30, 2012.
- Musician Billy Howerdel listed his home on January 18, 2012 for $1.8 million.
- Jeopardy host Alex Trebek unloading a home near his main home for $1,640,000 on December 2, 2011.
- Boys Like Girls singer Martin Johnson purchased on January 7, 2011 for $737,000.
- The Former Cuba Gooding, Jr. home that was sold by Composer-Arranger Roger Neil on February 3, 2012 for $1,550,000.
- Former Jane Fonda house sold by actor Ethan Suplee for $1.6 million on January 2, 2013.
- Former Yvonne de Carlo home sold for $6.25 million on August 5, 2011.
- Singer-actress Miley Cyrus purchases a home for $3.9 million on June 1, 2011.
- The Estate of Anna Nicole Smith's home was listed for $1,750,000 on June 30, 2011.
- The Late cartoonist Joseph Barbera's 2 acre mansion was listed at $6,795,000 on June 2, 2011.
- Neil Patrick Harris of Doogie Howser fame, sold his home for $1,535,000 on April 28, 2011 and purchased in nearby Sherman Oaks.
- Actor Taye Diggs purchases a home for $2,090,000 on April 27, 2010.
- Survivor host, Jeff Probst, purchased the Gene Autry mansion for $5 million on April 1, 2011.
- George Clooney owns a home that was purchased in 1995.