|Images courtesy Coldwell Banker|
Ed Asner is best known for playing Emmy award winning, "Lou Grant", in the 1970s and 1980s on The Mary Tyler Moore Show and its spinoff Lou Grant. Asner also provided the voice of "Carl Fredricksen" in the Academy Award winning Pixar film Up in 2009. One critic of Asner's performance in Up said "They should create a new category for this year's Academy Award for Best Vocal Acting in an Animated Film and name Asner as the first recipient. Asner has many accolades and accomplishments too long for this post, so I suggest reviewing his IMDB and Wikipedia page.
Recently, there have been rumors of Asner's health demise at the age of 83 when he had trouble with his lines and appeared disoriented on March 12, 2013 while performing "FDR" a the Marquette Pavilion in Gary, Indiana.
The home measures 3 Beds/3 Baths on 2,783 sqft on a total lot size of 8,494 sqft built in 1954. The listing description states:
Gated Traditional retreat with total privacy. Highest quality and style in the South of the Blvd sought after Silver Triangle neighborhood. Double French doors open out from a sunny garden family room, living room & master bedroom to patio, pool & spa. The self-contained Grand Master Bedroom is complete with a sitting area, fireplace , separate office, and a walk in cedar lined closet. Cooks country kitchen with abundant counter space & storage. Exposed beam ceilings, crown moldings and elegant built-ins throughout. Fireplaces in living, Family & Master. The home is tastefully accented by leaded glass doors/windows & brass hardware. Two zones of a/c & heat. Gated 6 total off street parking. 2 car garage plus 1 extra garage parking on separate level (can be used as studio/office). No Sign on Property. Do not email appt requests Call LA1 only.
Asner purchased this home on February 7, 1996 for $540,000. Based on the current asking price, Asner will profit $859,000 not including taxes, commissions, upgrades, and any carrying costs.
The reason for the listing of this home is not known but its possible that Asner is downsizing as he also owns a 2 Bed/2 Bath on 1,292 sqft condo in Brentwood shown above.
|Image courtesy Google Maps|
You can view more SFV Celebrity Real Estate here.
Other celebrities from Studio City featured on this website include:
- Nickelodeon iCarly star, Jennette McCurdy, purchases first home for $905,000 in April 2013.
- The Strokes Nick Valensi and Amanda de Cadenet home listed for $1.799 million in June 2013.
- Erez Eisen of Infected Mushroom Lists home with studio for $1,199,000 in June 2013.
- Jensen Ackles Sells Studio City home for $700,000 in February 2013.
- The Estate of the Late Joseph Barbera Re-Lists Robert Byrd Designed home for $5.5 million in June 2013.
- Joaquin Phoenix Buys House Next Door From Main Home in March 2013 for $1,391,000.
- LL Cool J's Rental Where He Beat Down A Burlgar hits the market in April 2013 for $5,950,000.
- Boys Like Girls Singer, Martin Johnson, Flips Studio City Home in April 2013 for $1,150,000.
- Dodger's pitcher, Zach Greinke's compound purchase in April 2013 for $4,575,000.
- Producer Mark Wilding who purchased a home in July 2012 for $1,825,000.
- Actress Kathy Najimy who listed for $1,875,000 on March 4, 2013.
- The Late Sage Stallone (son of Sylvester Stallone) home hit the market on February 23, 2013 for $2,399,999.
- Signer-songwriter Kara DioGuardi sold her mansion for $6.3 million on December 28, 2012.
- Actress Persia White's Short Sale for $1,199,000 on February 5, 2013.
- Actor Hayden Christensen Lists Architectural home for $2,650,000 on September 20, 2012.
- The Studio City home claimed to be last resting place for Beatles George Harrison sold on October 10, 2012 for $1,489,000.
- Alpha Dog's Anton Yelchin purchased a home for $945,000 on May 18, 2012.
- Musician Pete Wentz purchased a home for $1,050,000 on April 13, 2012.
- Judge Judy producer, Timothy Regler, listed his home for $4,495,000 on April, 19, 2012.
- The Kardashians fake home is available for $6,495,000 on February 29, 2012.
- Kristen Bell's home was foreclosed on February 10, 2012 which later sold for $1,954,000 on April 30, 2012.
- Musician Billy Howerdel listed his home on January 18, 2012 for $1.8 million.
- Jeopardy host Alex Trebek unloading a home near his main home for $1,640,000 on December 2, 2011.
- Boys Like Girls singer Martin Johnson purchased on January 7, 2011 for $737,000.
- The Former Cuba Gooding, Jr. home that was sold by Composer-Arranger Roger Neil on February 3, 2012 for $1,550,000.
- Former Jane Fonda house sold by actor Ethan Suplee for $1.6 million on January 2, 2013.
- Former Yvonne de Carlo home sold for $6.25 million on August 5, 2011.
- Singer-actress Miley Cyrus purchases a home for $3.9 million on June 1, 2011.
- The Estate of Anna Nicole Smith's home was listed for $1,750,000 on June 30, 2011.
- The Late cartoonist Joseph Barbera's 2 acre mansion was listed at $6,795,000 on June 2, 2011.
- Neil Patrick Harris of Doogie Howser fame, sold his home for $1,535,000 on April 28, 2011 and purchased in nearby Sherman Oaks.
- Actor Taye Diggs purchases a home for $2,090,000 on April 27, 2010.
- Survivor host, Jeff Probst, purchased the Gene Autry mansion for $5 million on April 1, 2011.
- George Clooney owns a home that was purchased in 1995.