Celeb R.E.: Kourtney Kardashian Lists Calabasas Home and Purchases Keyshawn Johnson's Calabasas Home
[Update May 11, 2014]: This home sold for $2.975 million on March 25, 2014.
|Images courtesy Ewing & Associates Sotheby's International Reality|
I am about 11 days late (January 17, 2014) this rumor but got to post it anyway because everyone and their mom is talking about it so cant be left out even though I dont understand how the Kardashian clan is still popular and relevant in pop culture. The news officially broke out by Domainehome.com which revealed that Kourtney Kardashian has decided to list her Calabasas mansion after interior designer, Jeff Andrews, finished decorating this fall.
The home measures 4 Beds/4.5 Baths on 5,400 sqft on a total lot size of 0.52 acres built in 2004 in the exclusive guard-gated Oaks of Calabasas. The home was first listed on January 22, 2014 for $3,499,000 with the following listing description:
East Coast traditional view estate within the prestigious guard-gated Oaks of Calabasas. Dramatically re-imagined by celebrity interior designer Jeff Andrews, and recently featured in several design publications, the home affords approx. 5400 Sq. Ft. The open floor plan provides an entry breezeway and courtyard with detached office/library including built-in book cases and fireplace. The breathtaking formal living room is enhanced by vaulted ceilings. Formal dining room offers wine storage and overlooks the city views. The gourmet kitchen is equipped with all Wolf appliances, 4 dishwasher drawers, cappuccino maker and opens up to the spacious breakfast area and family room. An upstairs bonus room with built-ins services the 3 meticulously detailed secondary bedroom suites. The master bedroom wing features a large sitting area with built-in desk, balcony over looking views, 2 walk in closets, and a spa like bath sheathed in designer marble accents. Rear grounds have a pool, spa, and covered loggia all showcasing the jetliner city views beyond.
Kardashian originally purchased this home on December 3, 2010 for $1.7 million which if sold at today's asking price, translates into a massive gain of $1,799,000 (before any expenses) for barely three years of living in the home. Let's see how long it takes and at what price point for this home to sell.
|Above images courtesy Prudential California Realty|
Kardashian indicated to Domainehome.com that the reason for the listing is to move on and try a new project. Lo and behold a couple of days later and Eonline.com reported that Kardashian was purchasing former NFL star Keyshawn Johnson's 6 Bed/7.75 bath on 11,746 sqft on a total lot size of 1.86 acres mansion (shown above) also in the Oaks of Calabasas for an unknown price which should make moving easier. Johnson has been trying to sell this property since 2011 when it first popped up for $11,995,000 and was removed from the MLS on December 31, 2013 with a list price of $8,495,000. Once the sale price is published, this post will be updated with the latest news. In the meantime, you can view more listing pictures and details regarding Keyshawn Johnson's Calabasas mansion here.
And for a history lesson, Kardashian lived in a smaller Calabasas prior to the purchase of the home mentioned in this post. She purchased the home for $829,000 on July 28, 2006 and sold on July 1, 2010 for $700,000 taking a $129,000 loss. The home measures 3 Beds/2.5 Baths on 2,245 sqft on a total lot size of 6,516 sqft built in 1987 (pictures shown below). You can also view the matriarch Kardashian home here and sister Khloe's home in Tarzana which was recently purchased by Big Bang Theory star Kelly Cuoco here.
|Images courtesy Prudential California Realty|
The Calabasas area is home to many celebrities, athletes, and famous execs as discussed in this blog listed below:
- Former NFL Star Marvel Smith Lists for close to $400K loss on November 12, 2013.
- Former Baseball Super Agent Dennis Gilbert lists home for $5,985,000 in May 2013.
- Mexican DJ "El Piolin" Eddie Sotelo Re-lists Calabasas mansion for $7,275,000.
- Will Smith and Jada Pinkett rumors of pocket listing of Calabasas compound for $42 million in August 2013.
- Marla Maples of Donald Trump fame sold Calabasas home for $2.2 million in July 2013.
- David Hasselhoff moves from Encino to Calabasas paying $1.95 million on May 15, 2013.
- Former NBA star, Mitch Richmond, listed his mansion for sale on April 29, 2013 for $9,495,000.
- Former NFL star Keyshawn Johnson listed his mansion for sale on December 3, 2012 for $10,500,000.
- The late Eazy-E's wife, Tomica Woods-Wright, home was recently foreclosed on May 11, 2012 and later sold for $2 million on November 27, 2012.
- Justin Bieber recently purchased the former Nicole Murphy (Eddie's ex) on April 6, 2012 for $6.5 million.
- El Piolin (Tweety Bird) Eddie Sotelo's listing of his mansion for the just reduced price of $6.8 million.
- The former Britney Spears rental was sold for $5.4 million on October 19, 2012.
- Baseball great Eric Davis home was sold as a short sale on May 4, 2012 for $1.8 million.
- Joey Lawrence purchased on December 13, 2011 for $1,442,500.
- NBA star Bryon Russell's home was foreclosed and later sold for $1,560,000.
- Nearby neighbors include Katherine Jackson and the rest of the family, Travis Barker, James Wilson's massive ranch, Candi Milo (former), Joel Diamond, and Brad Wilk of Rage Against the Machine to name a few.