[Update January 29, 2014]: Kourtney Kardashian sold her Calabasas home and purchased the Calabasas home of Keyshawn Johnson also in January 2014 discussed here.
|Above images courtesy Prudential California Realty|
Back on January 31, 2013, the always hilarious Your Mama at the Realestalker broke news of the re-listed home of former NFL star Keyshawn Johnson in Calabasas.
Keyshawn Johnson (full name is Joseph Keyshawn Johnson) was born in Los Angeles and attended Susan Miller Dorsey High School. He later attended USC in 1994 and 1995 and led the team to victories in the 1995 Cotton Bowl Classic and 1996 Rose Bowl. Keyshawn entered the NFL in 1996 playing for the New York Jets, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Dallas Cowboys, and Carolina Panthers retiring in 2007. Keyshawn went out to become an ESPN analyst for Sunday NFL Countdown and Monday Night Countdown.
The home was first listed on December 3, 2012 for $10,500,000 which measures 6 Beds/7.75 Baths on 11,746 sqft on a total lot size of 1.86 acres built in 2011. The listing description states:
SPECTACULAR, NEWER CUSTOM ESTATE LOCATED AT THE TOP OF THE ESTATES AT THE OAKS, ON A HUGE, LUSHLY LANDSCAPED 1.86 ACRE LOT OFFERING PANORAMIC PASTORAL VIEWS, SUPERB QUALITY, AND WONDERFUL PRIVACY! DESIGNED BY RENOWNED ARCHITECT RICHARD LANDRY, FEATURES INCLUDE A BEAUTIFUL CHEF'S KITCHEN WITH DUAL ISLANDS, ADJOINING FAMILY ROOM, BIG MEDIA/GAME ROOM, THEATRE/MULTI-PURPOSE ROOM, STUDY, BONUS ROOM, SPA ROOM, AND MORE. FINISHES INCLUDE STEEL FRAMED WINDOWS AND DOORS, OPENING WALLS OF GLASS, STONE & HARDWOOD FLOORS, IRON & GLASS DOORS, OPEN BEAM CELINGS, ELEVATOR, SAUNA, AND HOUSE SOUND SYSTEM. THE GROUNDS INCLUDE A GATED COURTYARD ENTRY, GATED DRIVEWAY LEADING TO GARAGES FOR 4-CARS PLUS ADDITONAL OFF STREET PARKING, COVERED PATIOS WITH OUTDOOR FIREPLACE, CABANA/GAZEBO, SUNKEN BASKETBALL/SPORTS COURT, POOL, SPA, FRUIT & SHADE TREES, BBQ CENTER, STONE WALKWAYS, AND EXPANSIVE ROLLING LAWNS. NOTHING ELSE LIKE THIS ON THE MARKET!
This isnt the first time Keyshawn has listed this home when he first attempted to unload back on March 11, 2011 for $11,995,000 which was reduced to $10,995,000 on September 22, 2011, and then reduced again on November 5, 2011 for $9.5 million which brings us to the current listing price of $10,500,000. Anyone want to guess on the final selling price?
According to the property records, it appears the Keyshawn acquired this property back on August 31, 2004 for an unknown amount. Based on the build year of 2011, this means Keyshawn hung onto the property as land since 2004 and possibly started constructing his mansion sometime in 2009? This seems odd to me but what do I know.
|Image courtesy Bing Maps|
In addition to the Calabasas home mentioned above, Keyshawn currently owns a Tarzana home measuring 7 Beds/8 Baths on 6,549 sqft on 0.70 acres built in 1995. This home was purchased on December 26, 1996 for $1,143,000 which is located in the guard gated community of Mulholland Park which also has other famous residents like Chris Lord-Alge, Chris Tucker, and Kloe Kardashian/Lamar Odom.
I am not sure why Keyshawn is selling this home. Its possible he is moving up onto a bigger home or this was simply a real estate flip for his business/real estate firm, First Picks Management based in Thousand Oaks. Whatever the situation, we wish Keyshawn Johnson the best of luck with the highest listed price in the city of Calabasas at the time of writing this post.
- The late Eazy-E's wife, Tomica Woods-Wright, home was recently foreclosed on May 11, 2012 and later sold for $2 million on November 27, 2012.
- Justin Bieber recently purchased the former Nicole Murphy (Eddie's ex) on April 6, 2012 for $6.5 million.
- El Piolin (Tweety Bird) Eddie Sotelo's listing of his mansion for the just reduced price of $6.8 million.
- The former Britney Spears rental was sold for $5.4 million on October 19, 2012.
- Baseball great Eric Davis home was sold as a short sale on May 4, 2012 for $1.8 million.
- Joey Lawrence purchased on December 13, 2011 for $1,442,500.
- NBA star Bryon Russell's home was foreclosed and later sold for $1,560,000.
- Nearby neighbors include Katherine Jackson and the rest of the family, Travis Barker, James Wilson's massive ranch, Candi Milo (former), Joel Diamond, and Brad Wilk of Rage Against the Machine to name a few.