|Kylie image courtesy Wikipedia/Marc Zapanta|
|Above images courtesy Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices|
Gossip juggernaut, TMZ, was the first to reveal on February 24, 2015, that Kylie Jenner, of the Kardashian clan purchased a Calabasas home in the infamous The Estates at the Oaks gated community which is home to many celebrities. The house sold on March 13, 2015 for $2.6 million which was three weeks after TMZ reported the news begging to ask the question, how does TMZ get their information? Shortly after the news reported, the celebrity gossip world broke in a frenzy which is a testament to how much the world "cares" about the Kardashian family with Curbed LA, Redfin, and Zillow in addition to the many other gossip sites spreading the news. And here I am about 3 months late continuing with the obvious, so better late than never.
For those not in the "know", Kylie is 17 years old going on 18 making her first multi-million dollar house purchase when most people at that age can barely afford a latte. But according to TMZ, her earnings are legit through the reality show as well as her influence on the teenage crowd. When I was 17, I was barely scrapping gas money for my Cadillac Deville and thats when gas prices were dirt cheap. But major props to a teenager for achieving the American dream at a young age. Nobody said this world was equal.
With the great fascination of the Kardashian family and the fact that their home base is in the SFV, I have also provided extensive coverage of the real estate holdings in the past as listed below:
- The fake home (post also includes actual home locations) used in the reality show in Studio City has been available on and off the market since 2007 with no takers till this date which is currently off market as of July 2014.
- Khloe's Tarzana home shared with Lamar Odom was purchased by Kaley Cuoco in January 2014.
- Kourtney purchased Keyshawn Johnson's Calabasas pad in March 2014 which also includes their previous Calabasas home.
- Khloe purchased Justin Beiber's Calabasas home in March 2014.
- Kim and Kanye West purchased the former property of Lisa Marie Presley which was torn down and rebuilt by a UCLA doctor in August 2014. They also purchased a home next door which was also owned by Lisa Marie Presley and was purchased by the UCLA doctor to rebuild but that didnt pan out leaving the door open for the Kim and Kanye to do whatever they want.
The home measures 5 Beds/5.5 Baths on 4,851 sqft on a total lot size of 0.36 acres built in 2006. The listing description states:
THE OAKS OF CALABASAS. MODEL SHARP AND HIGHLY UPGRADED CLASSIC'S PLAN 2 WITH FIVE ENSUITE BEDROOMS, LIBRARY, PLUS THE ADDED COURTYARD BONUS SUITE, AND AN ADDED THIRD CAR GARAGE! BEAUTIFUL STONE AND WOOD FLOORS, TWO BUILT-IN CUSTOM ENTERTAINMENT CENTERS WITH INCLUDED 70" AND 80" (LED) T. V. 'S, PLUS "SONOS" MUSIC AND CUSTOM SPEAKER SYSTEM IN ALL MAJOR ROOMS AND BACK YARD. FEATURES INCLUDE STAINLESS STEEL APPLIANCES, STONE COUNTERS, OPEN BEAM CEILINGS, CUSTOM WINDOW COVERINGS, AND. .. A "SUN RUN" SOLAR ELECTRIC SYSTEM (INSTALLED FALL 2013, 44 LG SOLAR PANELS) THAT PROVIDES ELECTRICITY TO THE HOME! WONDERFUL BACK YARD WITH POOL, SPA, BARBECUE CENTER, AND COVERED PATIO WITH INCLUDED, 26' LONG, CUSTOM OUTDOOR DINING TABLE. ALL ADDITIONAL FURNITURE IS AVAILABLE TO BE PURCHASED WITH HOME. THIS IS A CLEAN, ELEGANT, NICELY UPGRADED HOME WITH EXCELLENT CURB APPEAL, IN A NICE LOCATION. DON'T MISS IT!!!
On a complete random note but of somewhat importance to SFV history buffs, this home was first purchased in 2006 (later sold in 2013) by the President of Super Calidad Auto Sales, Inc in Canoga Park on Sherman Way which was the former home of Clem Ruh Chevrolet which is best remembered by the awesome googie sign still standing today. As the saying goes, its a small world.
You can view more SFV Celeb R.E. here.