|Images courtesy Gibson International|
The always informative Lauren Beale at LA Times Hot Property revealed back on July 31, 2013, that the estate of the late Bonnie Franklin has sold her Encino home for $2.1 million back on July 12, 2013.
Bonnie Franklin was best known for playing "Ann Romano" in the TV series, One Day at a Time, in the lates 70's and early 80's. Bonnie Franklin passed away on March 1, 2013 from complications of pancreatic cancer. She was survived by her mother, Claire, then aged 101 and by two step children and two step-grandchildren.
The home measures 3 Beds/4 Baths on 3,771 sqft on a total lot size of 0.87 acres built in 1950. The listing description states:
In one of the most desirable areas of Encino, this country home on a large lot, is ready for you to turn into your dream home. The gorgeous grounds include a grassy rear yard, a side yard, and an upper yard with the pool and hillside beyond. In addition to the family room, there is an additional den/office with a fireplace, and access to the rear yard. There are three fireplaces, hardwood, tile or brick floors plusIts not known when Bonnie Franklin first acquired this property but its likely she purchased in the late 80's which means that the estate could possibly earning a profit in the $1 million range not including commissions, taxes, carrying costs, and any renovation expenses.
Other celebrities living or previously lived in Encino discussed on this blog are the following:
- The former home of Rock N Roll Legend Tom Petty is listed for $3,575,000 in August 2013.
- Actress Kate Walsh settled down paying $2.725 million in July 2013.
- NBA and TNT Analyst, Kenny "The Jet" Smith, Lists mansion for $2,975,000 in July 2013.
- Comic legend, Martin Lawrence, quietly purchases a mansion for $6,630,000 in June 2013.
- Improv king, Ryan Stiles, unloaded Robert Byrd Designed home for $3.1 million on May 2013.
- Singer Marc Anthony purchased an Amestoy Estates home for $2.5 million in May 2013.
- Funnyman Kevin James recently sold two homes; the larger mansion for $5.5 million in May 2013 and the smaller home for $1.6 million in March 2013.
- The late Warren Cowan, who was a publicist to the stars, just sold for $2 million on March 2013.
- Shirley Jones of the Partridge Family is currently available for $2.1 million.
- The late Fred Travalena's long time Encino home currently listed at $1,425,000.
- David Hasselhoff's long time Encino Mansion currently priced at $3,795,000.
- Joe Simpson's Royal Oaks Mansion which is currently listed for $4,395,000
- The former Al Jolson Estate which was owned by Charlie Sheen at one time is listed for $6.5 million.
- The former home of Selena Gomez just sold for $3.5 million in December 2012.
- Heidi Saban Stills (father is billionaire Haim Saban) home just sold for $2.4 million in February 2013.
- The former Macy Gray home is available for $5.9 million.
- The former Joey Lawrence home just sold for $1.875 million in February 2013.
There are many celebrities who previously or currently call Encino home like Tori Spelling (former), Scott Baio (former), the Jackson Family compound, Leighton Meester, Annette Funicello's fire destroyed home, Brian Bloom, Tamar Braxton and Vincent Herbert (former), Vampire Diaries Director (former), Jennifer Morrison (former), Dave Grohl, Donald Penn, and Shirley MacLaine (former) to name a few (or several).
You can view more SFV Celebrity Real Estate here.