|Images courtesy Coldwell Banker|
Back on July 8, 2013, Kate Walsh, better known as Dr. Montgomery from Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice purchased an Encino home for $2.725 million as first reported by the Zillow Blog. Kate Walsh has also become a successful entrepreneur with the launch of Boyfriend LLC, a beauty and lifestyle company in 2010 with its first product being a perfume called "Boyfriend." On July 9th, 2012, Kate Walsh launched another fragrance called "Billionaire Boyfriend" which became a huge hit across the world.
The home measures 5 Beds/4.5 Baths on 4,332 sqft on a total lot size of 1.02 acres built in 1950. The listing description states:
Royal Oaks Tennis Estate on one acre of land with pool and detached guest house. One story Traditional home offering 5 bedrooms plus family room that opens to the patio and beautiful grounds. Grand living room with fireplace and wall of windows. Formal dining room with hardwood floors, kitchen includes a breakfast area. Master suite has a sitting area with fireplace, master bath includes a dressing area. Private guest house could be a great home office or studio! Rare offering and an excellent opportunity to create your dream home. Prime location and desirable neighborhood close to the Westside.
|Images courtesy Sotheby's International Realty|
Previously, Kate Walsh was living in Los Feliz (shown above) which she sold for $4.675 million in June 2013 after trying to unload the home since May 2010 with an original asking price of $4.295 million according to the Huffington Post. Walsh only suffered a loss of $75,000 on this home before taxes, commissions, carrying costs, and any renovation costs which was purchased on July 19, 2007 for $4,750,000.
- NBA and TNT Analyst, Kenny "The Jet" Smith, Lists mansion for $2,975,000 in July 2013.
- Comic legend, Martin Lawrence, quietly purchases a mansion for $6,630,000 in June 2013.
- Improv king, Ryan Stiles, unloaded Robert Byrd Designed home for $3.1 million on May 2013.
- Singer Marc Anthony purchased an Amestoy Estates home for $2.5 million in May 2013.
- Funnyman Kevin James recently sold two homes; the larger mansion for $5.5 million in May 2013 and the smaller home for $1.6 million in March 2013.
- The late Warren Cowan, who was a publicist to the stars, just sold for $2 million on March 2013.
- Shirley Jones of the Partridge Family is currently available for $2.1 million.
- The late Fred Travalena's long time Encino home currently listed at $1,425,000.
- David Hasselhoff's long time Encino Mansion currently priced at $3,795,000.
- Joe Simpson's Royal Oaks Mansion which is currently listed for $4,395,000
- The former Al Jolson Estate which was owned by Charlie Sheen at one time is listed for $6.5 million.
- The former home of Selena Gomez just sold for $3.5 million in December 2012.
- Heidi Saban Stills (father is billionaire Haim Saban) home just sold for $2.4 million in February 2013.
- The former Macy Gray home is available for $5.9 million.
- The former Joey Lawrence home just sold for $1.875 million in February 2013.
There are many celebrities who previously or currently call Encino home like Tori Spelling (former), Scott Baio (former), the Jackson Family compound, Leighton Meester, Annette Funicello's fire destroyed home, Brian Bloom, Tamar Braxton and Vincent Herbert (former), Vampire Diaries Director (former), Jennifer Morrison (former), Dave Grohl, Donald Penn, and Shirley MacLaine (former) to name a few (or several).
You can view more SFV Celebrity Real Estate here.