|Images courtesy The Agency|
Back on July 17, 2013, the fabulous folks at Trulia Luxe Living revealed that former NBA star and current TNT NBA analyst, Kenny Smith, has listed his Encino home for $2,975,000 on July 16, 2013.
Kenny Smith was drafted sixth in the 1987 NBA draft where he played for the Sacramento Kings, Atlanta Hawks, Houston Rockets, Detroit Pistions, Orlando Magic, and Denver Nuggets. He won two NBA championships with the Houston Rockets in 1994 and 1995. After he retired in 1998, he joined Turner Sports for a broadcasting career.
The home measures 6 Beds/7 Baths on 6,106 sqft on a total lot size of 0.60 acres built in 1963. The listing description states:
Private and sophisticated, this gorgeous 6 Bedroom, 8 Bath, Contemporary French Country Estate, w/ detached Guest House, is hidden on a quiet cul-de-sac behind gates, on a nearly 30,000sqft flag lot. This oasis delivers towering mature trees, lush landscaping, & a sparkling Swimming Pool. Circular motor court offers ample guest parking, including a 3-car garage. Rich cherry wood floors gracefully flow into the dramatic Living Room w/ high pitched ceilings supported with architectural truss beams and skylights, warmed by the stone fireplace. The remodeled kitchen has a perfect flow w/ center island & eat-in dining area. The adjacent sun room, & separate office complete the open downstairs living space. 4 downstairs en suite bedrooms are completed by the upstairs Master Suite, featuring a spa tub, steam shower, & its own balcony. Movie theater w/ wet bar, explosive sound system, and a balcony. 6800sqft of amazingly private living space & seclusion with quick access to shops & dining.
Kenny Smith barely purchased the home 2 years ago on October 24, 2011 for $1,850,000 where it appears to be that he did some minor upgrading. Based on the current asking price, Kenny Smith will profit $1,125,000 not including taxes, commissions, upgrades, and any carrying costs.
The reason for the move and next location is unknown but Kenny Smith who is married to The Price Is Right model, Gwendolyn Osbourne, could be looking for a bigger home as they just welcomed their second child in fall 2012 in addition to other children they have from previous relationships. I am guessing that they are relocating to Calabasas to be with the rest of the ballers discussed on this blog.
Prior to this home, Kenny Smith was living in Stevenson Ranch which was also the location of his wedding ceremony to Gwendolyn Osbourne. This home measures 5 Bed/3 Bath on 3,318 sqft on a lot size of 1.1 acres built in 1997. Kenny Smith purchased the property on December 20, 2005 for $1,350,000 and sold for a stomach turning $450,000 loss for $900,000 on December 9, 2009. This same home sold again as a bank sale on January 1, 2013 for $556,000.
- Comic legend, Martin Lawrence, quietly purchases a mansion for $6,630,000 in June 2013.
- Improv king, Ryan Stiles, unloaded Robert Byrd Designed home for $3.1 million on May 2013.
- Singer Marc Anthony purchased an Amestoy Estates home for $2.5 million in May 2013.
- Funnyman Kevin James recently sold two homes; the larger mansion for $5.5 million in May 2013 and the smaller home for $1.6 million in March 2013.
- The late Warren Cowan, who was a publicist to the stars, just sold for $2 million on March 2013.
- Shirley Jones of the Partridge Family is currently available for $2.1 million.
- The late Fred Travalena's long time Encino home currently listed at $1,425,000.
- David Hasselhoff's long time Encino Mansion currently priced at $3,795,000.
- Joe Simpson's Royal Oaks Mansion which is currently listed for $4,395,000
- The former Al Jolson Estate which was owned by Charlie Sheen at one time is listed for $6.5 million.
- The former home of Selena Gomez just sold for $3.5 million in December 2012.
- Heidi Saban Stills (father is billionaire Haim Saban) home just sold for $2.4 million in February 2013.
- The former Macy Gray home is available for $5.9 million.
- The former Joey Lawrence home just sold for $1.875 million in February 2013.
There are many celebrities who previously or currently call Encino home like Tori Spelling (former), Scott Baio (former), the Jackson Family compound, Leighton Meester, Annette Funicello's fire destroyed home, Brian Bloom, Tamar Braxton and Vincent Herbert (former), Vampire Diaries Director (former), Jennifer Morrison (former), Dave Grohl, Donald Penn, and Shirley MacLaine (former) to name a few (or several).
You can view more SFV Celebrity Real Estate here.