[Update January 22, 2014]: This home sold for $5,137,500 on August 30, 2013.
|Image courtesy Keller Williams|
|Image courtesy Google Maps|
The location where LL Cool J beat down a 56 year old transient for breaking into his Studio City home back on August 22, 2012 at approximately 1:30 AM has been listed on the market for $5,950,000 on April 24, 2013. The media and paparazzi descended onto this location when the news broke out back on a hot summer day trying to get shots of LL Cool J and/or the transient. LL Cool J ended up untouched while the transient was rushed to the hospital with a broken nose, jaw, and ribs. The transient was charged with first degree burglary while LL Cool J was not charged with anything. Looks like all those fighting scenes in various TV shows and movies has paid off.
The home measures 6 Beds/7 Baths on 7,566 sqft on a total lot size of 0.72 acres built in 2004. The listing description states:
Stunning, immaculate Tuscan palace high above Longridge Estates, sits this incredible, gated, 6 Bedroom, 7 Bath home with more than 7500 square feet of elegant living space plus a guest quarter on a 32,000 square foot lot. All of the finest materials were used and no expense spared. Was built as developer's primary residence in 2004. Chef's kitchen with huge center island, top-of-the line appliances, formal living and dining rooms as well as a spacious family room make this an entertainer's dream. Magnificent master suite includes huge walk-in closet, office, luxurious master bath with roman tub and private terrace. Home is accented with custom faux painted walls, coffered ceilings, granite, travertine and hardwood finishes. Sparkling pool, outdoor living area with fireplace, barbeque and kid's play area take great advantage of the nearly 3/4 acre, mostly flat lot. The grand, gated entry leads up to a Motor court with parking for up to 10 cars as well as a 3 car garage with spacious, one bedroom guest quarters above. This is a must see! Will not last!
This home was last purchased on August 16, 2002 for $1,075,000 which appears to be a land purchase with the home being constructed in 2004. This home is not owned by LL Cool J but rather a corporate entity by the name of Juliette Industries LLC based in Sherman Oaks. This isnt the first time this home has been listed as it was first placed on the market back on August 21, 2010 for $5.8 million, reduced to $4.8 million on December 12, 2011, then $4,895,000 on March 4, 2011, then in error with an amount of $15,000 on March 24, 2011, and finally on June 28, 2011 for $4.8 million.
One thing to keep in mind about this location is that the home is near Harvard Westlake High School which was recently in the news for their proposed development to expand their parking. While this may not directly impact this home, some neighbors are opposed to it so something to consider when viewing this property.
It appears that LL Cool J might still be renting this home as no interior pictures were included in the listing. So one could speculate that LL Cool J is looking for a new home in the LA area. If and when the home sells, LL Cool J might return back to his mansion in Manhasset, New York purchased in June 1999 which I believe is still currently owned by the famous rapper/actor/host as reported by the CelebrityDetective.com.
You can view more SFV Celebrity Real Estate here.
Other celebrities from Studio City featured on this website include:
- Boys Like Girls Singer, Martin Johnson, Flips Studio City Home in April 2013 for $1,150,000.
- Dodger's pitcher, Zach Greinke's compound purchase in April 2013 for $4,575,000.
- Producer Mark Wilding who purchased a home in July 2012 for $1,825,000.
- Actress Kathy Najimy who listed for $1,875,000 on March 4, 2013.
- The Late Sage Stallone (son of Sylvester Stallone) home hit the market on February 23, 2013 for $2,399,999.
- Signer-songwriter Kara DioGuardi sold her mansion for $6.3 million on December 28, 2012.
- Actress Persia White's Short Sale for $1,199,000 on February 5, 2013.
- Actor Hayden Christensen Lists Architectural home for $2,650,000 on September 20, 2012.
- The Studio City home claimed to be last resting place for Beatles George Harrison sold on October 10, 2012 for $1,489,000.
- Alpha Dog's Anton Yelchin purchased a home for $945,000 on May 18, 2012.
- Musician Pete Wentz purchased a home for $1,050,000 on April 13, 2012.
- Judge Judy producer, Timothy Regler, listed his home for $4,495,000 on April, 19, 2012.
- The Kardashians fake home is available for $6,495,000 on February 29, 2012.
- Kristen Bell's home was foreclosed on February 10, 2012 which later sold for $1,954,000 on April 30, 2012.
- Musician Billy Howerdel listed his home on January 18, 2012 for $1.8 million.
- Jeopardy host Alex Trebek unloading a home near his main home for $1,640,000 on December 2, 2011.
- Boys Like Girls singer Martin Johnson purchased on January 7, 2011 for $737,000.
- The Former Cuba Gooding, Jr. home that was sold by Composer-Arranger Roger Neil on February 3, 2012 for $1,550,000.
- Former Jane Fonda house sold by actor Ethan Suplee for $1.6 million on January 2, 2013.
- Former Yvonne de Carlo home sold for $6.25 million on August 5, 2011.
- Singer-actress Miley Cyrus purchases ahome for $3.9 million on June 1, 2011.
- The Estate of Anna Nicole Smith's home was listed for $1,750,000 on June 30, 2011.
- The Late cartoonist Joseph Barbera's 2 acre mansion was listed at $6,795,000 on June 2, 2011.
- Neil Patrick Harris of Doogie Howser fame, sold his home for $1,535,000 on April 28, 2011 and purchased in nearby Sherman Oaks.
- Actor Taye Diggs purchases a home for $2,090,000 on April 27, 2010.
- Survivor host, Jeff Probst, purchased the Gene Autry mansion for $5 million on April 1, 2011.
- George Clooney owns a home that was purchased in 1995.