Fresh on the MLS is the Studio City home of Boys Like Girls singer-songwriter, Martin Johnson, for sale at $1.1 million which was first reported by the always informative Lauren Beale at LA Times Hot Property on April 17, 2013 (the asking price was later increased to $1,150,000 on April 20, 2013).
|Images courtesy Nourmand & Associates Realtors|
The SFValleyblog discussed the purchase of this home by Martin Johnson back on December 1, 2011 which was actually purchased on January 7, 2011 for $737,000 (listing images at the time of purchase shown below). At that time, Lauren Beale indicated that Johnson purchased this home with the intention of renovating. According to the latest entry from Beale, Johnson had spent about $60,000 renovating this property which is not bad considering the home is being offered for around $1 million which makes you wonder how much of it was renovated.
|Listing images from 2011 purchase. Image courtesy Sotheby-Sunset Office|
According to the listing this 2 Bed/2.5 Bath, 2,681 sqft home on 0.25 acres built in 1978 states:
The modern style of West Hollywood & Beverly Hills are brought to the Upper Hills of Studio City. This gated, private property has multiple levels and balconies with expansive canyon views, vaulted ceilings, dark hardwood floors, two fireplaces and a hot tub. The lush grounds include fruit trees, gardens and a large lawn.
If Johnson were to sell the home at today's asking price of $1,150,000, he stands to make $353,000 from when he first purchased for $737,000 and also including renovation costs of $60,000 but not factoring other expenses like commissions, taxes, and carrying costs. If my math is correct, this potential profit translates into a return of 48% which is not bad for two years time! Is it possible we are in another bubble?
We dont know where Johnson is heading off to but he is in heavy demand as a producer and songwriter having worked with the likes of Jason Derulo, Avril Lavigne, Ellie Goulding, Hilary Duff, Papa Roach, and Hannah Montana to name a few that he can be venturing too far off from the musical capitals of the U.S. e.g. Nashville and/or Hollywood.
You can view more SFV Celebrity Real Estate here.
Other celebrities from Studio City featured on this website include:
- Dodger's pitcher, Zach Greinke's compound purchase in April 2013 for $4,575,000.
- Producer Mark Wilding who purchased a home in July 2012 for $1,825,000.
- Actress Kathy Najimy who listed for $1,875,000 on March 4, 2013.
- The Late Sage Stallone (son of Sylvester Stallone) home hit the market on February 23, 2013 for $2,399,999.
- Signer-songwriter Kara DioGuardi sold her mansion for $6.3 million on December 28, 2012.
- Actress Persia White's Short Sale for $1,199,000 on February 5, 2013.
- Actor Hayden Christensen Lists Architectural home for $2,650,000 on September 20, 2012.
- The Studio City home claimed to be last resting place for Beatles George Harrison sold on October 10, 2012 for $1,489,000.
- Alpha Dog's Anton Yelchin purchased a home for $945,000 on May 18, 2012.
- Musician Pete Wentz purchased a home for $1,050,000 on April 13, 2012.
- Judge Judy producer, Timothy Regler, listed his home for $4,495,000 on April, 19, 2012.
- The Kardashians fake home is available for $6,495,000 on February 29, 2012.
- Kristen Bell's home was foreclosed on February 10, 2012 which later sold for $1,954,000 on April 30, 2012.
- Musician Billy Howerdel listed his home on January 18, 2012 for $1.8 million.
- Jeopardy host Alex Trebek unloading a home near his main home for $1,640,000 on December 2, 2011.
- Boys Like Girls singer Martin Johnson purchased on January 7, 2011 for $737,000.
- The Former Cuba Gooding, Jr. home that was sold by Composer-Arranger Roger Neil on February 3, 2012 for $1,550,000.
- Former Jane Fonda house sold by actor Ethan Suplee for $1.6 million on January 2, 2013.
- Former Yvonne de Carlo home sold for $6.25 million on August 5, 2011.
- Singer-actress Miley Cyrus purchases ahome for $3.9 million on June 1, 2011.
- The Estate of Anna Nicole Smith's home was listed for $1,750,000 on June 30, 2011.
- The Late cartoonist Joseph Barbera's 2 acre mansion was listed at $6,795,000 on June 2, 2011.
- Neil Patrick Harris of Doogie Howser fame, sold his home for $1,535,000 on April 28, 2011 and purchased in nearby Sherman Oaks.
- Actor Taye Diggs purchases a home for $2,090,000 on April 27, 2010.
- Survivor host, Jeff Probst, purchased the Gene Autry mansion for $5 million on April 1, 2011.
- George Clooney owns a home that was purchased in 1995.