I apologize for the extremely late notice on this one but wanted to get it off my list. Back on September 5, 2012, the fabulous folks at Trulia Luxe Living wrote about the sale and subsequent purchase in the SFV of Mark Wilding. Wilding may not be a household name but you have probably watched two of the shows that he produced (and wrote) and won Emmys for, Grey's Anatomy and Charmed.
Lets start off with the newly acquired home which happens to be in celeb heavy Studio City.
The ranch style home measures 4 Beds/4 Baths on 4300 sqft on a total lot size of 0.26 acres originally built in 1939 but heavily renovated since. Wilding paid $1,825,000 on August 20, 2012 which was first listed for $1,875,000 on July 6, 2012.
The listing description states:
Quintessential family home on an expansive lot! This 4 bedroom, 4 bathroom custom newly built classic epitomizes luxurious lifestyle on a live-able scale. Perfectly situated on a tucked away, tree lined street in desirable Studio City, this eagerly anticipated East Coast Traditional single story sets a new standard in quality. Formal dining and living rooms. Richly appointed marble fireplaces, lovely crown moldings, intricate mill work and handsome hand scraped walnut hardwood floors welcome guests. Beyond, a Gourmet Chef's kitchen (with marble counter tops, stainless steel appliances, & center island), spills into a spectacular great room, and out to a lushly landscaped resort like back yard, swimmer's pool with baja step, spa and over sized studio. Stunning beamed ceilings with dormer windows, detailed craftsmanship and gorgeous sunlight dramatize most every room. Luxurious master suite with sumptuous marble appointed spa like master bath. Designer amenities abound. Massive storage.And some of the listing photos:
|Images courtesy John Aaroe Group|
Prior to the Studio City home, Wilding owned a Tarzana home which was sold at the same time of the Studio City purchase. The Tarzana home was first purchased on June 17, 1998 for $670,000 and sold for $1,085,000 on September 18, 2012 for a decent gain of $415,000 before taxes, commissions, carrying costs and any other expenses. The sale price seems rather low to me considering Wilding purchased at a really good time.
That home measures 4 Beds/2.75 Baths on 2,891 sqft on a total lot size of 0.42 acres built in 1952. The listing description states:
Situated on a large corner lot south of the boulevard, this charming 4 bedroom, 3 bath home features a formal dining room, spacious kitchen with center island and breakfast area, cozy den, office, and fabulous master suite with updated bath, fireplace, built-in bookshelves and vaulted ceilings. The property also features hardwood floors and recessed lighting. French doors lead to a covered patio and sports court on the 18,000+ sq. ft. lot. Charm and character abound throughout this warm and comfortable home.And some of the listing photos:
|Images courtesy Rodeo Realty|
Prior to the Tarzana home, Wilding briefly lived in a Woodland Hills home that was purchased on October 26, 1994 for $263,500 and sold on July 1, 1998 for $305,000 for a modest gain of $41,500 before all expenses. The sale of the Woodland Hills home coincides with the Tarzana purchase and demonstrates that Wilding really loves the SFV as he has been living there since at least 1994 and possibly longer.
Here is an aerial shot of the Woodland Hills home:
|Images courtesy Google Maps|
Other celebrities from Studio City featured on this website include:
- Actress Kathy Najimy who listed for $1,875,000 on March 4, 2013.
- The Late Sage Stallone (son of Sylvester Stallone) home hit the market on February 23, 2013 for $2,399,999.
- Signer-songwriter Kara DioGuardi sold her mansion for $6.3 million on December 28, 2012.
- Actress Persia White's Short Sale for $1,199,000 on February 5, 2013.
- Actor Hayden Christensen Lists Architectural home for $2,650,000 on September 20, 2012.
- The Studio City home claimed to be last resting place for Beatles George Harrison sold on October 10, 2012 for $1,489,000.
- Alpha Dog's Anton Yelchin purchased a home for $945,000 on May 18, 2012.
- Musician Pete Wentz purchased a home for $1,050,000 on April 13, 2012.
- Judge Judy producer, Timothy Regler, listed his home for $4,495,000 on April, 19, 2012.
- The Kardashians fake home is available for $6,495,000 on February 29, 2012.
- Kristen Bell's home was foreclosed on February 10, 2012 which later sold for $1,954,000 on April 30, 2012.
- Musician Billy Howerdel listed his home on January 18, 2012 for $1.8 million.
- Jeopardy host Alex Trebek unloading a home near his main home for $1,640,000 on December 2, 2011.
- Boys Like Girls singer Martin Johnson purchased on January 7, 2011 for $737,000.
- The Former Cuba Gooding, Jr. home that was sold by Composer-Arranger Roger Neil on February 3, 2012 for $1,550,000.
- Former Jane Fonda house sold by actor Ethan Suplee for $1.6 million on January 2, 2013.
- Former Yvonne de Carlo home sold for $6.25 million on August 5, 2011.
- Singer-actress Miley Cyrus purchases ahome for $3.9 million on June 1, 2011.
- The Estate of Anna Nicole Smith's home was listed for $1,750,000 on June 30, 2011.
- The Late cartoonist Joseph Barbera's 2 acre mansion was listed at $6,795,000 on June 2, 2011.
- Neil Patrick Harris of Doogie Howser fame, sold his home for $1,535,000 on April 28, 2011 and purchased in nearby Sherman Oaks.
- Actor Taye Diggs purchases a home for $2,090,000 on April 27, 2010.
- Survivor host, Jeff Probst, purchased the Gene Autry mansion for $5 million on April 1, 2011.
- George Clooney owns a home that was purchased in 1995.
- Grammy winning mixer Chris Lord-Alge who sold for $2,550,000 in March 2013
- Selena Gomez purchased Jonah Hill's former home in August 2012.
- Gregory Ain designed Kaye Residence which was available and currently delisted.
- Bruce Boxleitner and Melissa Gilbert who have sold for $839,999 in March 2013 after two years of trying.
- Scary Spice of the Spice Girls recently sold a home for $3 million to Charlie Sheen ex Brooke Mueller who later sold for $3.150 million.
- Anton Yelchin's parents and former home.
- A. Quincy Jones Mid Century Modern home.
- Soap star Kristoff St. John owned a 5 Bed/5.5 Bath mansion from 2005 to 2007 who sold it to DJ Paul of the Three 6 Mafia who sold at a loss in 2010.
- Lamar Odom and Khloe Kardashian who purchased in 2009 for close to $4 million.
- Chris Tucker who at one point had two homes in the same gated community as Lord-Alge. One home was sold in 2009 and the other is currently in a pending status.
- NFL star Keyshawn Johnson
- Dr. A.E. Abdun-Nur Residence by Paul Williams