Check out George Clooney's home in the Fryman Canyon area of Studio City which he has owned since 1995. Although the above picture doesnt really capture the size of the home since it is surrounded by trees, it is rather large at 6 Beds/6 Baths on 7,354sqft on a total lot size of 3.1 acres which was built in 1984. It was previously owned by Stevie Nicks although I cannot confirm. His backyard backs up to a hiking trail within the Coldwater Canyon Park. And his home is over the hill from the former Joseph Barbera estate which is currently for sale. You can get better pics here and the video below shows the interior and various exterior shots.
Prior to the above home, George Clooney lived in another Studio City home that was 5 Bed/3.75 Baths on 3,282 sqft on a total lot size of 7,040sqft which was built in 1937. This home was recently sold as a short sale on February 17, 2011 for an even steven $1 million. This home has also been home to other celebrities discussed in the list below:
- George Clooney purchased on December 6, 1989 for $485,000. Clooney's former wife Talia Balsam also lived here during this time. After they divorced, actor Matt Adler lived there for a short period.
- George Clooney sells to a non-celebrity on June 12, 1997 for $240,000 taking a substantial $245,000 loss.
- The non celebrity sells to Jaime Pressly from the My Name is Earl show on July 05, 2002 for $920,000 giving the previous owner a massive gain of $680,000.
- Jamie Pressly sells to Justin Berfield from the Malcolm In The Middle show on March 25, 2004 for $1,215,000 giving Pressly a decent profit of $295,000.
- Justin Berfield sells to a non-celebrity for $1,424,000 on November 30, 2006.
- The non-celebrity sells as a short sale on Februray 17, 2011 for $1 million representing a $424,000 loss to the bank(s).
|Images courtesy Ewing Sotheby's I.R.|
You can view more Celebrity Real Estate here.