|Images courtesy Pinnacle Estate Properties|
Fresh from the fine folks at Trulia Luxe Living is the latest gossip of DeSean Jackson's purchase of a Tarzana ranch home on March 7, 2013 for $1,650,000.
DeSean Jackson currently plays wide receiver for the NFL franchise Philadelphia Eagles and is a 2x Pro Bowler. He was born in Los Angeles and attended Long Beach Polytechnic High School and later the University of California. He recently signed a 5 year, $51 million contract so that may help explain the newly acquired home.
Trulia had stated that DeSean Jackson was renting in Los Angeles for several years while Wikipedia states that Jackson currently resides in Moorestown, New Jersey. I wasnt able to confirm either locations but its possible he was living in New Jersey during the season and back in LA during the offseason. I wasnt able to confirm either locations but I did find what I believe to be Jackson's childhood home which was at 208 Corona Ave in Long Beach. If Jackson was truly renting in LA, I am inclined to think it was in the SFV but thats just speculation.
The home measures 4 Beds/4.75 Baths on 3,837 sqft on a total lot size of 0.38 acres built in 1951 but appears to be renovated. The listing description states:
GATED PARADISE. PRIME SOUTH TARZANA W/ SPECTACULAR GROUNDS. CHARMING LIVING ROOM W/ FIREPLACE, HARDWOOD FLOORS, FORMAL DINING ROOM W/ CROWN MOLDING, FAMILY ROOM W/ FIREPLACE, HARDWOOD FLOORS, FRENCH DOORS LEADING TO A PRIVATE, BIG BACK YARD W/ HUGE POOL AND BUILT-IN BBQ. DREAM, GOURMET KITCHEN W/ CARRARA MARBLE COUNTERTOPS, VIKING APPLIANCES, COZY BK AREA, LARGE PANTRY. 3 BEDROOMS DOWNSTAIRS W/ A LARGE MEDIA-BONUS ROOM. MASTER SUITE-RETREAT UPSTAIRS W/ FIREPLACE, SITTING AREA, FRENCH DOORS LEADING TO A BIG-LONG BALCONY W/ SPECTACULAR VIEWS OF THE BACKYARD. STUNNING MASTER BATH. WOW! MUST SEE! GORGEOUS DETACHED STUDIO W/ BEAUTIFUL PRIVATE BATH $ FRENCH DOORS. A MASTERPICE !
The previous owners purchased this home on September 14, 2012 for $810,000 and flipped it in a couple of months listing on the MLS on January 16, 2013 for $1,650,000. Jackson joins other NFL stars mentioned in this blog including Donald Penn in Encino, Justin Fargas (retired) who sold in Chatsworth but purchased in Sherman Oaks, and Keyshawn Johnson (retired) who recently listed his Calabasas home.
You can view more SFV Celebrity Real Estate here.
Other celebrities in Tarzana and architecturally significant properties include:
- Grammy winning mixer Chris Lord-Alge who sold for $2,550,000 in March 2013
- 2x Emmy Winning Producer, Mark Wilding, who recently sold for $1,085,000 in September 2012.
- Selena Gomez purchased Jonah Hill's former home in August 2012.
- Gregory Ain designed Kaye Residence which was available and currently delisted.
- Bruce Boxleitner and Melissa Gilbert who have sold for $839,999 in March 2013 after two years of trying.
- Scary Spice of the Spice Girls recently sold a home for $3 million to Charlie Sheen ex Brooke Mueller who later sold for $3.150 million.
- Anton Yelchin's parents and former home.
- A. Quincy Jones Mid Century Modern home.
- Soap star Kristoff St. John owned a 5 Bed/5.5 Bath mansion from 2005 to 2007 who sold it to DJ Paul of the Three 6 Mafia who sold at a loss in 2010.
- Lamar Odom and Khloe Kardashian who purchased in 2009 for close to $4 million.
- Chris Tucker who at one point had two homes in the same gated community as Lord-Alge. One home was sold in 2009 and the other is currently in a pending status.
- NFL star Keyshawn Johnson
- Dr. A.E. Abdun-Nur Residence by Paul Williams