Celebrity Real Estate: Jessica Simpson and Retired NFL Star Eric Johnson Purchase Hidden Hills Home from Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne
According to US Weekly magazine, Jessica Simpson and retired NFL star Eric Johnson have purchased the Hidden Hills home that was previously owned by Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne for 11,500,000 on March 12, 2013 which is $888,500 less than the original purchase price of $12,388,500 back on August 3, 2007 by the Osbournes.
The Osbourne's originally listed the home for $12,999,000 back on June 30, 2011 which translated into a massive $1,499,000 reduction to the sold price. This home sold in over two years time which at one point included a lease option. To further confirm said purchase, the name listed on the property records is Jessica Simpson's business manager, David Levin. Additionally, this home is already being remodeled by Simpson who is converting the walk-in closet into a nursery for Simpson's second child. Also, there is rumor that the home may be the location of her wedding to retired NFL star Eric Johnson.
Jessica Simpson and the Simpson family are no strangers to the SFV as the list shows below:
- Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey when they were married lived at 24944 Lorena Drive in Calabasas from 2002 to 2006 which was sold to Justin Berfield. This home was the location for their reality show, Newlyweds: Nick and Jessica. On a separate note, the reality show was originally intended for Michael Jackson and Lisa Marie Presley who both had spent time in the Valley (Wikipedia).
- Ashlee Simpson lived at 16187 Royal Oak Road in Encino which overlooks her parents home. She lived here from 2005 to 2006 selling the home for a $1 million gain back in the bubble days.
- Ashlee Simpson married rocker Pete Wentz in Ashlee's parents Encino home in 2008.
- Nick Lachey's brother, Drew lived at 201314 Ruston Road in Woodland Hills from 2005 to 2009.
- Nick Lachey and Vanessa Minnillo purchased in Encino on August 11, 2011 shortly after their marriage.
- Pete Wentz who divorced Ashlee Simpson in 2011 purchased a Studio City home on April 13, 2012.
- Joe and Tina Simpson who are in the process of getting divorced have listed their Encino home for $4,395,000 on October 2, 2012.