[Update November 24, 2012]: This home sold on November 20, 2012 for $3,525,000 which was $299,500 less than the original list price and was completed in roughly 2 months.
|Above images courtesy Prudential California Realty|
Alan Thicke, known as America's Dad for his popular role as "Jason Seaver" on the hit ABC 80's sitcom, Growing Pains, has recently listed his Toluca Lake home for $3,824,500 according to the fabulous folks at Trulia Luxe Living. Thicke has long been in the acting business where he first started in 1969 with a role in the television series, It's Our Stuff. Since then he has appeared in game shows, comedy shows, commercials, talk shows, and films. He was also a theme song composer and a show emcee. The Canadian born Thicke has pretty much done everything and that success has spilled over onto his son Robin Thicke who is an R&B singer-songwriter, musician, composer, and actor.
According to the listing, this 6 Bed/5.75 Baths on 8,656 sqft home on a total lot size of 1.01 acres built in 1963 states:
Graceful Spanish Colonial Tennis Court Estate behind electric gates on a park-like flat one+ acre lot in prime Toluca Lake. Very private and secure with extensive grounds, championship North/South lighted tennis court, outdoor entertaining area, poolside kitchen, covered eating area, swimmer's pool and expansive lawns. Large center island cook's kitchen with breakfast bar opens off the family Great Room with full bar, fireplace and casual dining area. Formal living/media room with carved wood beamed ceilings and fireplace and casual dining. Formal living/media room with carved wood beamed ceilings and fireplace plus formal dining room. True master retreat with spa tub, sauna, balcony views, fireplace, study and room-sized walk-in closet. Five additional bedrooms + six additional baths, a Guest Suite with full kitchen + large private office + Gym.
Its not exactly known when Thicke purchased this home but it looks like he may have purchased on February 14, 1986 during the peak of his career for an unknown sum according to the property records. Based on home prices from other properties at that time, its possibly Thicke paid near $1 million but thats all speculation.
This isnt the first time that Thicke has listed this home as he originally tried to sell on October 31, 2010 for $4.8 million which has been listed and delisted several times since then. He also tried back in 2009 to lease the home for $15,000 per month according to the LA Times. At the time of writing this post, the home is currently in a pending status so this might be the one.
Its not known where Thicke is heading to or why he is selling but he also maintains a 3 parcel ranch in Carpinteria near Santa Barbara. Maybe Alan Thicke is retiring to the peace and quiet of his ranch.
Toluca Lake is home to many celebrities partially due to its close proximity to the studios and Hollywood. The following list are celebrity homes in the Toluca Lake area discussed on this blog:
- Former Bing Crosby estate which sold on December 20, 2011 for $4.020 million.
- Hillary Duff mansion that has been on and off the market since 2011 with a current asking price of $5.5 million.
- Jason Priestly who tried to sell his home for $2.1 million and has been off the market at this time.
- Erin Daniels (L Word) who recently purchased in June 2012 for $1.5 million.
- Jennifer Love Hewitt who recently listed a property for sale and one for lease in August 2012.
- Miley Cyrus clan lives in this area.
- Other residents include Ashley Tisdale, former Bob Hope, Kiefer Sutherland, Andy Garcia, Dweezil Zappa, valley native George Lopez, Brooke Burns, Lindsay Price, Jonathan Antin, Jennie Garth, David Leisure, Nile Niami, the late Roy Disney, Sean "Diddy" Combs, Jonathan Winter, Steve Carell, Kirk Fogg, Markie Post, and the Jonas Brothers to name a few (or several).
You can check out more SFV Celebrity Real Estate here.