This hilarious 80's action-comedy starring one of all time great comedians, Eddie Murphy, was filmed mostly on location in Los Angeles and Nepal. Two of the more notable scenes were actually filmed in the San Fernando Valley. The first scene to be filmed in the SFV was actually mentioned in the movie which happened to be Pacoima.
- Time - Phrase
- 00:25:33 - Yeah? - Are you looking for Cheryl Mosely
- 00:25:36 - Yeah. - I know the bastards who grabbed her.
- 00:25:41 - Who was she with? - Have you ever been in Pacoima
- 00:25:44 - Yeah. Who was she with? - Behind the freeway there's a house.
- 00:25:47 - It's a pad for some bikers called the Yellow Dragons.
The Nike Missile Site known as LA-96. I believe some of it was altered for the movie as it clearly looks different today. I dont even know if this site was open to the public in the mid 80's.
|Image courtesy Bing Maps: Nike Missile Site in Encino.|
|Image courtesy Bing Maps: Nike Missile Site on the left hand corner with Mulholland Drive shown in the middle that was also used in the film where Eddie Murphy drives to the site.|
And here is the trailer....
You can view more SFV filming locations here.