[Update May 11, 2014]: This home sold for $1.65 million on April 16, 2014.
|Images courtesy Berkshire Hathaway Home Services|
The always informative, Lauren Beale, at LA Times Hot Property has just revealed that model-actress, Natasha Henstridge has just listed her Sherman Oaks home for $1.75 million on January 6, 2014. Henstridge purchased this home on June 3, 2011 for $1.3 million which was blogged about here. Speculation surrounding the reason for the sale after a short occupancy might be attributed to her divorce in July 2013 with her ex-husband, Darius Campbell, a singer-songwriter, stage actor, and author who were together since 2004 and wed in 2011.
Henstridge started her roots in modeling at the age of 15 in Paris. When she was 21, she made her film debut in the film series Species. She has gone on to appear in various TV shows and films and last year was in the TV movies, "A Sister's Nightmare" and "Cold Spring."
The home measures 4 Beds/4.5 Baths on 3,476 sqft on a total lot size of 8,770 sqft built in 1961. The listing description states:
Gated south of the boulevard celebrity owned architectural/modern masterpiece on one of Sherman Oaks most desired streets & neighborhoods & is close to shopping, dining & entertainment. Enter this magnificent home through the double door entry that lead to the foyer. Just off the foyer is a stylish den w French doors that lead to a tranquil Zen area. The living room has soaring exposed beam ceilings & expansive windows that drench the room in natural light, a fireplace, French doors to the back yard plus wood floors that run throughout much of this homes interior. Adjacent to the living room is an open & bright formal dining room w more French doors to the back yard. The Granite gourmet cooks kitchen has a large island that centers the room, stainless steel appliances including a Viking 6 burner stove, custom cabinetry plus a large eating area & more French door to the back yard. There?s a downstairs retreat w separate entrance (could be maids) plus 3 upstairs bedrooms including a master suite w/ high ceilings, 2 closets, skylights & full bath w spa tub, double sinks, vanity & separate shower. Large, grassy, gated & landscaped front & back yards & a pool w fountains, covered patio, sports court & lounging areas help complete this homes refined elegance.
If Henstridge were to sell at today's asking price, she stands to gain $450,000 before any expenses which isnt too bad for barely two years worth of living in the home. Her next residence is unknown but its quite possible that she may choose to live in Sherman Oaks again as she has purchased three other homes in the Sherman Oaks area within two blocks of each other as shown below in the map and a home in Malibu (not shown on the map).
- (Not shown on map) 560 Cold Canyon Road Malibu (up in the hills next to King Gillette Ranch Park); purchased on May 18, 1999 for $1,050,000 and later sold in 2000 for $1,270,000. It appears this house was shared with Liam Waite who was the father to her two sons but this is not confirmed. The house measures 3 Beds/3 Baths on 3,691 sqft on a total lot size of 1.73 acres built in 1982.
- (A) 13346 Valley Vista Blvd Sherman Oaks; purchased on April 20, 2000 for $700,000 and later sold in 2001 for $689,000 (thats odd, she took a loss when the Housing boom just started). The house measures 3 Beds/2 Baths on 2,180 sqft on a total lot size of 8,001 sqft built in 1950.
- (B) 14256 Greenleaf Street Sherman Oaks; purchased on December 29, 2000 for $1,760,000 and later sold in 2003 for $2,399,000. The house measures 4 Beds/7 Baths on 4,735 sqft built in 2000.
- (C) 14341 Millbrook Drive Sherman Oaks; purchased on December 16, 2003 for $1,360,000 and later sold in 2009 for $1,750,000. The house measures 5 Beds/5.25 Baths on 3,825 sqft on a total lot size of 0.45 acres built in 1935.
- (D) House currently for sale described in this post.