|Images courtesy Prudential California Realty|
Back on April 24, 2013, the luxurious folks at Trulia Luxe Living revealed that actor Joaquin Phoenix scooped up a home located next door from his main pad in the border of Studio City and Los Angeles at the intersection of Mulholland Drive and Laurel Canyon Blvd for $1,391,000 on March 29, 2013 which is literally down the street from the former residence of the late Sage Stallone (son of Sylvester Stallone).
Joaquin Phoenix has been acting since 1982 reached worldwide recognition after his role as Commodus in 2000's Gladiator, followed by 2005's Walk the Line playing Johnny Cash, and more recently ins 2012 playing Freddie Quell in The Master amongst other films. He won a Grammy award for recording the album, Walk the Line for the same film and has received numerous nominations for various roles played over the years. He is also the brother of the late actor River Phoenix (played the Young Indiana Jones in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade) who died from a drug overdose at the Viper Room at the age of 23.
The home measures 3 Beds/3 Baths on 2,511 sqft on a total lot size of 8,293 sqft built in 1962. According to the listing:
Very Special Charmer re-done to perfection, this gated private Cape Cod is in move-in cond in Prime location with-in Carpenter School boundaries! Attention to details abound. French doors off living rm & dining rm open to peaceful beautifully landscaped grassy yard w/ custom outdoor fireplace & stone waterfall. Dream eat-in kitchen w/ huge center island, stainless counter tops & high quality SS appliances opens to family rm w/ custom book cases opening to additional large patio w/ canyon & city views. Master suite has lots of built-ins, huge closet & a great re-done bath. Additionally, upstairs has 2 bedrooms & shared newer bath. Not included in square footage & may not be permitted is a terrific bonus rm w/ new bath w/ it's own entrance. Perfect office, gym or maids + 2 car garage. 5 cars possible off street behind tall gates. Easy to show. Check private remarks for open houses.
The reason for this purchase is unknown considering that Phoenix owns a much larger home over the wall that measures 4 Beds/3 Baths on ,3753 sqft on a total lot size of 2.87 acres built in 1929 (shown below). This home is listed as a multi-family (2-4 unit) so I believe there may be other structures on this property. This home was acquired at the peak of the market on November 7, 2006 for $4,835,000. The one unique item about this property is that the address is listed on Mulholland Drive with a driveway connecting to that street but it appears to be fenced off and no longer in use with the home accessed via a driveway from the rear of the property. Not sure if Phoenix made this change on purpose or the whole was always this way.
|Image courtesy Google Maps|
In addition to the two homes mentioned above, Phoenix also owns a Hollywood Hills home that measures 2 Beds/1 Bath on 1,598 sqft on a total lot size of 6,714 sqft built in 1937 that was also acquired near the peak of the market for $1,350,010 on April 27, 2005. This home is located not too far from the above-mentioned homes.
|Image courtesy Google Maps|
In addition to the three L.A. area homes mentioned above, Phoenix may or may not also own a Micanopy, Florida ranch property as well as a Gainesville, Florida home which could possibly be owned by the family so hard to verify who truly owns those properties and its current occupancy.
You can view more SFV Celebrity Real Estate here.
Other celebrities from Studio City featured on this website include:
- LL Cool J's Rental Where He Beat Down A Burlgar hits the market in April 2013 for $5,950,000.
- Boys Like Girls Singer, Martin Johnson, Flips Studio City Home in April 2013 for $1,150,000.
- Dodger's pitcher, Zach Greinke's compound purchase in April 2013 for $4,575,000.
- Producer Mark Wilding who purchased a home in July 2012 for $1,825,000.
- Actress Kathy Najimy who listed for $1,875,000 on March 4, 2013.
- The Late Sage Stallone (son of Sylvester Stallone) home hit the market on February 23, 2013 for $2,399,999.
- Signer-songwriter Kara DioGuardi sold her mansion for $6.3 million on December 28, 2012.
- Actress Persia White's Short Sale for $1,199,000 on February 5, 2013.
- Actor Hayden Christensen Lists Architectural home for $2,650,000 on September 20, 2012.
- The Studio City home claimed to be last resting place for Beatles George Harrison sold on October 10, 2012 for $1,489,000.
- Alpha Dog's Anton Yelchin purchased a home for $945,000 on May 18, 2012.
- Musician Pete Wentz purchased a home for $1,050,000 on April 13, 2012.
- Judge Judy producer, Timothy Regler, listed his home for $4,495,000 on April, 19, 2012.
- The Kardashians fake home is available for $6,495,000 on February 29, 2012.
- Kristen Bell's home was foreclosed on February 10, 2012 which later sold for $1,954,000 on April 30, 2012.
- Musician Billy Howerdel listed his home on January 18, 2012 for $1.8 million.
- Jeopardy host Alex Trebek unloading a home near his main home for $1,640,000 on December 2, 2011.
- Boys Like Girls singer Martin Johnson purchased on January 7, 2011 for $737,000.
- The Former Cuba Gooding, Jr. home that was sold by Composer-Arranger Roger Neil on February 3, 2012 for $1,550,000.
- Former Jane Fonda house sold by actor Ethan Suplee for $1.6 million on January 2, 2013.
- Former Yvonne de Carlo home sold for $6.25 million on August 5, 2011.
- Singer-actress Miley Cyrus purchases ahome for $3.9 million on June 1, 2011.
- The Estate of Anna Nicole Smith's home was listed for $1,750,000 on June 30, 2011.
- The Late cartoonist Joseph Barbera's 2 acre mansion was listed at $6,795,000 on June 2, 2011.
- Neil Patrick Harris of Doogie Howser fame, sold his home for $1,535,000 on April 28, 2011 and purchased in nearby Sherman Oaks.
- Actor Taye Diggs purchases a home for $2,090,000 on April 27, 2010.
- Survivor host, Jeff Probst, purchased the Gene Autry mansion for $5 million on April 1, 2011.
- George Clooney owns a home that was purchased in 1995.