|Image courtesy Mortgage Mavens|
Angela Kinsey who is widely known for playing the feisty character, "Angela Martin," on the hit TV sitcom, The Office (view filming locations here) short sold her Valley Glen home for $360,500 on January 18, 2013.
Kinsey's husband, Warren Lieberstein, is a television writer and producer who also wrote for The Office. Warren's brother is Paul Lieberstein who played "Toby Flenderson" and his brother-in-law is Greg Daniels who was a developer and original producer for The Office. As you can see, its a family affair. Lastly, Kinsey is close friends with The Office costar, Jenna Fischer (who purchased the Casey Stengal estate in Glendale), who is the godmother to Kinsey's daughter, Isabel. Back on February 18, 2009, Angela and Warren had separated and were officially divorced in June 2010 which may be a contributing factor for the sale of this home.
The home measures 3 Beds/2.75 Baths on 1,824 sqft on a total lot size of 6,858 sqft built in 1953. The listing description states:
SHORT SALE SUBJECT TO LENDER APPROVAL. THERE WILL BE NO PRIVET SHOWINGS PLEASE STAY TUNED TO MLS FOR AN ANNOUNCMENT AS TO WHEN WE WILL BE HOLDING THE OPEN HOUSE.UPDATED INSIDE & OUT. Spacious kitchen apx 20x20, large master BR, quiet street. 1824 sq. ft. living space. Must see.
Kinsey and Lieberstein purchased this home at the peak of the market for $675,000 on June 30, 2006. The timing of this purchase coincides with Kinsey's success on The Office after its premiere run in 2005. Additionally, this home was conveniently located to The Office studios on Saticoy in Van Nuys which may have been a factor in their purchase of this home.
The total loss on this home was a massive $314,500 not factoring in taxes, commissions, any renovation expenses, and carrying costs. However, since this is a short sale, the loss fell onto the banks minimizing the damage to Kinsey and Lieberstein who join a list of other celebrities in the SFV who have either short sold or been foreclosed shown below:
- The late Eazy-E's wife Tomica Woods-Wright (music) foreclosure in Calabasas.
- Persia White (actress) short sale in Studio City.
- John Larroquette's (actor) short sale in Sherman Oaks.
- Bryon Russells' (basketball) foreclosure in Calabasas.
- Kristen Bell's (actress) Studio City foreclosure.
- Richard Fortus' (GNR music) short sale in Woodland Hills.
- Morris Chestnut's (actor) short sale in Hidden Hills.
- Eric Davis' (baseball) short sale in Calabasas.
- Kristoff St. John's (actor) short sale in Canoga Park.
- Jeremy London's (actor) foreclosure in Canoga Park which is literally down the street from Kristoff St.John.
Its not known where Kinsey has moved onto but hopefully she still remains in the SFV as she was a much liked character while on The Office. Warren has already moved to a Sherman Oaks home south of Ventura Blvd measuring 3 Beds/2 Baths on 1,887 sqft on a total lot size of 7,000 sqft built in 1936 and was purchased for $907,500 on June 8, 2012 (shown below).
|Image courtesy Coldwell Banker|
You can view more SFV Celebrity Real Estate here.