|Images courtesy Prudential California Realty|
The latest news to hit the SFV Celebrity Real Estate gossip is the listing of a Studio City home by Kathy Najimy for $1,875,000 on March 4, 2013 according to the fine folks at Trulia Luxe Living. Najimy is a longtime actress first starting in 1985 with notable roles in Sister Act I & II, Hocus Pocus, and a variety of other films. Najimy also provides voice overs in films like WALL-E, Stuart Little: The Animated Series, and Hercules: The Animated Series.
The home measures 4 Beds/3 Baths on 3,409 sqft on a total lot size of 0.98 acres built in 1978. The listing description states:
The location and site are phenomenal. One story gated and private custom home located just off Mulholland Drive with easy access to many studios in a great neighborhood. The home is set way back off the street for privacy with the potential to park 10 cars. Extremely private with explosive city light views from most rooms of the house, including from the grassy area, pool & spa. Great ceiling height in the public rooms with head-on city views. Great for entertaining with indoor/outdoor flow, this home can be lived in and enjoyed as is, or take the house up to the next level and make it your own. 4 bedrooms with one of the bedrooms being used as a great office with built-ins and also has city views. Garage is being used for additional creative space with additional recording room area. Property is especially suited well for someone in need of privacy. 24 hours notice needed to show.
Najimy purchased this home on September 30, 1994 for $550,000 which if sold at today's asking price represents a massive gain of $1,325,000 before taxes, commissions, carrying costs, and any renovation costs.
Prior to this home, Najimy may have lived in Burbank on North Buena Street but this is just speculation. We are not sure where Najimy is moving to but I am assuming near the Studios which could mean Burbank, Toluca Lake, Studio City, or Sherman Oaks.
Studio City is the up and coming neighborhood for celebrities which is also conveniently close to the major Studios as well as Hollywood. Other celebrities from Studio City featured on this website include:
- The Late Sage Stallone (son of Sylvester Stallone) home hit the market on February 23, 2013 for $2,399,999.
- Signer-songwriter Kara DioGuardi sold her mansion for $6.3 million on December 28, 2012.
- Actress Persia White's Short Sale for $1,199,000 on February 5, 2013.
- Actor Hayden Christensen Lists Architectural home for $2,650,000 on September 20, 2012.
- The Studio City home claimed to be last resting place for Beatles George Harrison sold on October 10, 2012 for $1,489,000.
- Alpha Dog's Anton Yelchin purchased a home for $945,000 on May 18, 2012.
- Musician Pete Wentz purchased a home for $1,050,000 on April 13, 2012.
- Judge Judy producer, Timothy Regler, listed his home for $4,495,000 on April, 19, 2012.
- The Kardashians fake home is available for $6,495,000 on February 29, 2012.
- Kristen Bell's home was foreclosed on February 10, 2012 which later sold for $1,954,000 on April 30, 2012.
- Musician Billy Howerdel listed his home on January 18, 2012 for $1.8 million.
- Jeopardy host Alex Trebek unloading a home near his main home for $1,640,000 on December 2, 2011.
- Boys Like Girls singer Martin Johnson purchased on January 7, 2011 for $737,000.
- The Former Cuba Gooding, Jr. home that was sold by Composer-Arranger Roger Neil on February 3, 2012 for $1,550,000.
- Former Jane Fonda house sold by actor Ethan Suplee for $1.6 million on January 2, 2013.
- Former Yvonne de Carlo home sold for $6.25 million on August 5, 2011.
- Singer-actress Miley Cyrus purchases ahome for $3.9 million on June 1, 2011.
- The Estate of Anna Nicole Smith's home was listed for $1,750,000 on June 30, 2011.
- The Late cartoonist Joseph Barbera's 2 acre mansion was listed at $6,795,000 on June 2, 2011.
- Neil Patrick Harris of Doogie Howser fame, sold his home for $1,535,000 on April 28, 2011 and purchased in nearby Sherman Oaks.
- Actor Taye Diggs purchases a home for $2,090,000 on April 27, 2010.
- Survivor host, Jeff Probst, purchased the Gene Autry mansion for $5 million on April 1, 2011.
- George Clooney owns a home that was purchased in 1995.