News Ticker

Menu

Filming Locations: Sky High (2005)


Sky High is a 2005 American comedy superhero family film about an airborne school for teenage superheroes. It was directed by Mike Mitchell and written by Paul Hernandez, Robert Schooley, and Mark McCorkle. The starring cast includes Michael Angarano as Will, an incoming freshman at the school; Danielle Panabaker as his best friend; Kurt Russell and Kelly Preston as his parents; Mary Elizabeth Winstead as a popular senior;Steven Strait as Will's rival; and Lynda Carter as Principal Powers. Andrew Gunn produced the film for Walt Disney Pictures(Wikipedia)

The location for the high school which was actually floating in the air, hence the name, "Sky High" was at Cal State Northridge (my proud alumni) Oviatt Library at 18111 Nordhoff Street Northridge CA. I actually remember being on campus when they filmed this and were constructing the set and I had no idea what was going on. I actually thought the campus was preparing for graduation but I knew it was something else when I saw the movie posters. That was one of those times where I wish I had a camera and my crappy cell phone didnt have a camera which wasnt available at that time. Oh well. 

This movie was shot in other places in LA as described at the Seeing-Stars.com site. 
Image courtesy T. Hoffarth Flickr
Construction of set. Image courtesy Irishlyrik Flickr

You can view more SFV Filming Locations here.

Share This:

Marty Mcfly

Anything and everything about the San Fernando Valley. This blog will take you back in time when the valley was covered with dirt and orange groves to a leader in the space race to its current status as America's suburb. Come along and join me on this adventure, I guarantee you have been influenced/impacted by the San Fernando Valley in one form or another even if you have never visited or heard of the SFV.

No Comment to " Filming Locations: Sky High (2005) "

  • To add code Use [pre]code here[/pre]
  • To add an Image Use [img]IMAGE-URL-HERE[/img]
  • To add Youtube video just paste a video link like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x_gnfpL3RM