[Update April 11, 2013]: This home sold on April 5, 2013 for $3.5 million which was a whopping $895,000 less than the original list price of $4,395,000 back on October 2, 2012. However, the Simpsons still profited $1.4 million from their original purchase price of $2.1 million back on June 15, 2001 not including expenses. I wonder if either of the Simpson parents are going to shack up in Jessica Simpson's newly acquired estate in Hidden Hills from the Osbournes.
Hot off the presses from the fabulous folks at Trulia Luxe Living comes news of Joe and Tina Simpson, the famous parents of singers Jessica and Ashlee, have listed their Encino mansion on the market for $4,395,000 on October 2, 2012.
According to the listing, this 6 Bed/7 Bath on 6,895sqft on a total lot size of 1.52 acres built in 1986 states:
Celebrity Storybook Country English in The Colony, a guard gated community of 19 estates in the heart of Encino's Royal Oaks. Sited on over 1.5 acres this magnificent estate is the epitome of resort style living. The copper turret entry beckons guests past lawn w/ fountains to the grand rotunda. Formal liv rm w/ pitched beamed ceiling and fp. Fam room w/ beamed ceiling, stone fp, wet bar, and wall of FR drs. Breakfast room w/ beamed turret extends to the gourmet kitchen w/ Viking appliances and granite counters, beamed ceiling, and butler's pantry. Formal DR seats 10. Ascend the spiral staircase to the foyer. Master w/ fireplace, duel walk-ins and stunning bath. 3 bedroom suites upstairs. Professional theater and huge office. The grounds feature a fireplace, fire pit, wet bar, lagoon style pool & spa complete with grotto waterfall, sports court, gazebo, & putting range w/ views. Guest suite/gym with sep entrance and Ba.
The Simpsons purchased this property on June 15, 2001 for $2.1 million and are looking to make more than double their money in a little over 10 years worth of time not factoring in additional expenses like taxes, commissions, renovations, etc. Its not known exactly why the Simpson's are moving but their are rumors floating around the internet that the Simpson's are getting divorced which makes this home sale a natural step in the process.
|Images above courtesy Sotheby's International Realty|
Its not known where Joe and/or Tina Simpson are heading off too but they still maintain a home in Woodway, TX according to the Realestalker, so they may return to their roots. However, its also possible that they will continue to live in the SFV as they have many direct and indirect connections to this area based on the list below:
- Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey when they were married lived at 24944 Lorena Drive in Calabasas from 2002 to 2006 which was sold to Justin Berfield. This home was the location for their reality show, Newlyweds: Nick and Jessica. On a separate note, the reality show was originally intended for Michael Jackson and Lisa Marie Presley who both had spent time in the Valley (Wikipedia).
- Ashlee Simpson lived at 16187 Royal Oak Road in Encino which overlooks her parents home. She lived here from 2005 to 2006 selling the home for a $1 million gain back in the bubble days.
- Ashlee Simpson married rocker Pete Wentz in Ashlee's parents Encino home in 2008.
- Nick Lachey's brother, Drew lived at 201314 Ruston Road in Woodland Hills from 2005 to 2009.
- Nick Lachey and Vanessa Minnillo purchased in Encino on August 11, 2011 shortly after their marriage.
- Pete Wentz who divorced Ashlee Simpson in 2011 purchased a Studio City home on April 13, 2012.
- The former Al Jolson Estate which was owned by Charlie Sheen at one time is listed for $6.5 million.
- The former home of Selena Gomez is available for $3,699,0000.
- Heidi Saban Stills (father is billionaire Haim Saban) home is available for $2,999,000.
- The former Macy Gray home is available for $5.9 million.
- The former Joey Lawrence home is available for $2.250 million.
You can view more Celebrity Real Estate here.