|Images courtesy Keller Williams Studio City|
On July 3, 2013, the faboluous folks at Trulia Luxe Living revealed that Oscar-winning actress Octavia Spencer purchased a Toluca Lake 1920's Spanish style home for $841,500 on April 23, 2013.
Spencer is a veteran in show business where she started as an intern at the age of 16 on the set of The Long Walk Home, a film starring Whoopie Goldberg. Her first big break was in the 1996 film, A Time to Kill. But she reached widespread fame for her role as "Minny Jackson" in the 2011 film, The Help, which earned her an Oscar for best supporting actress in addition to numerous other awards won for that role.
The home measures 3 Beds/2 Baths on 1,714 sqft on a total lot size of 7,381 sqft built in 1927. The listing description states:
Classic gated 1927 Spanish. Turnkey and immaculate! All the original charm and character with updated systems and amenities. Gorgeous dark hardwood floors, plantation shutters, leaded windows, lovely finishes, vintage tiles and fabulous period fixtures. Ample eat in cook's kitchen with island and custom cabinetry. Large formal dining room. Spacious bedrooms and contemporary baths. Beautiful vine covered veranda and patio plus large grassy yard. This property has one of the largest basements we have ever seen. Walk to the Village and all the great shops and restaurants that Toluca Lake has to offer!! Bring your fussiest buyers. This wonderful property will not disappoint! No sign on property.This home was originally listed for $809,900 on February 24, 2013 and it appears that a bidding war ensued as Spencer purchased the home for $31,600 more. Previous to this home, Spencer may have been living in an apartment on Riverside Drive in Valley Village but I cannot confirm as those records are not public so dont quote me here.
Toluca Lake is home to many celebrities partially due to its close proximity to the studios and Hollywood. The following list are celebrity homes in the Toluca Lake area discussed on this blog:
- Patricia Heaton Purchases Toluca Lake mansion for $5.4 million in March 2013
- The Office star Steve Carell Sells One of His Toluca Lake Homes for $5.1 million on March 2013.
- The Estate of the Late Roy Disney Sells for $3.1 million in January 2013.
- Scott Baio sold the family home for $3,150,000 on December 26, 2012.
- The Estate of the late Bob Hope which will be listed soon.
- Former Bing Crosby estate which sold on December 20, 2011 for $4.020 million.
- Former Hillary Duff mansion which sold on July 18, 2012 for $4,651,500.
- Jason Priestly who tried to sell his home for $2.1 million and has been off the market at this time.
- Erin Daniels (L Word) who recently purchased in June 2012 for $1.5 million.
- Jennifer Love Hewitt who recently listed a property for sale and one for lease in August 2012.
- Former Alan Thicke home who sold for $3,525,000 on November 20, 2012.
- Haylie Duff (sister of Hilary Duff) which recently listed on October 9, 2012 for $1,799,000.
- Miley Cyrus clan lives in this area.
- Other residents include Ashley Tisdale, Kiefer Sutherland, Andy Garcia, Dweezil Zappa, valley native George Lopez, Brooke Burns, Lindsay Price, Jonathan Antin, Jennie Garth, David Leisure, Nile Niami, Sean "Diddy" Combs, Kirk Fogg, Markie Post, and the Jonas Brothers to name a few.
You can check out more SFV Celebrity Real Estate here.