|Images courtesy Coldwell Banker|
I am a couple months late on this one but wanted to make sure it still got posted. Patricia Heaton of Everybody Loves Raymond purchased a Toluca Lake mansion for $5.4 million on March 7, 2013 according to the fine folks at Trulia Luxe Living.
The home measures 5 Beds/7 Baths on 7,649 sqft on a total lot size of 0.75 acres built in 1998 which was designed by renowned architect Kevin Clark. The listing description states:
A prime example of how a quality home should be built. This spectacular Tuscan Villa was designed by renowned architect Kevin Clark and was carefully thought out and built by its currents owners without compromise One of the most important estates to ever come on the market in Toluca Lake, a community known for its proximity to all the major studios yet its small town feel. Rarely will you find the combination of a home like this with an ideal floor plan on 32,491 square feet of park-like private grounds. Please visit our website to get a real sense of this magnificent estate in this treasured location. See private remarks for website address
Prior to this home, Heaton was living in an Elmer Gray designed Hancock mansion (shown below) that was purchased for $4,850,000 on October 18, 2001 and most recently sold for $8,000,000 on May 7, 2013 representing a massive gain of $3,150,000 before taxes, commissions, any renovations, and any carrying costs.
|Images courtesy Coldwell Banker|
Also, Heaton had previously owned a West Hollywood condo (shown below) measuring 2 Beds/1.75 Baths on 1,640 sqft built in 2004 that was purchased for $1,145,000 on March 16, 2007 and sold at a $280K loss on October 30, 2012 for $865,000 before taxes, commissions, any renovation costs, and any carrying costs.
|Image courtesy Hilton & Hyland|
Heaton may have also lived in Van Nuys at one point but dont quote me as that is pure speculation so take with a fine grain of salt.
Toluca Lake is home to many celebrities partially due to its close proximity to the studios and Hollywood. The following list are celebrity homes in the Toluca Lake area discussed on this blog:
- The Office star Steve Carell Sells One of His Toluca Lake Homes for $5.1 million on March 2103.
- The Estate of the Late Roy Disney Sells for $3.1 million in January 2013.
- Scott Baio sold the family home for $3,150,000 on December 26, 2012.
- The Estate of the late Bob Hope which will be listed soon.
- Former Bing Crosby estate which sold on December 20, 2011 for $4.020 million.
- Former Hillary Duff mansion which sold on July 18, 2012 for $4,651,500.
- Jason Priestly who tried to sell his home for $2.1 million and has been off the market at this time.
- Erin Daniels (L Word) who recently purchased in June 2012 for $1.5 million.
- Jennifer Love Hewitt who recently listed a property for sale and one for lease in August 2012.
- Former Alan Thicke home who sold for $3,525,000 on November 20, 2012.
- Haylie Duff (sister of Hilary Duff) which recently listed on October 9, 2012 for $1,799,000.
- Miley Cyrus clan lives in this area.
- Other residents include Ashley Tisdale, Kiefer Sutherland, Andy Garcia, Dweezil Zappa, valley native George Lopez, Brooke Burns, Lindsay Price, Jonathan Antin, Jennie Garth, David Leisure, Nile Niami, Sean "Diddy" Combs, Kirk Fogg, Markie Post, and the Jonas Brothers to name a few.
You can check out more SFV Celebrity Real Estate here.