[Update October 9, 2013]: This home was purchased by actress Donna Scott which was discussed briefly here.
[Update June 5, 2013]: This home sold for $5,550,000 on May 8, 2013 which was $5k above original asking price and translated into a $2,350,000 profit from the original purchase price of $3.2 million on August 14, 2003. James also sold his other Encino home for $1,660,600 on March 29, 2013.
|Images courtesy Partners Trust Beverly Hills|
|Image courtesy Google Maps|
The newest celebrity home to hit the MLS is an Encino home owned by funnyman Kevin James (real name is Kevin George Knipfing). Surprisingly or not, Kevin James just sold his first Encino home (shown below and discussed here) on March 29, 2013 for $1,660,000 which netted a profit of $210,600 above his original purchase price back on August 8, 2002.
|First Encino Home. Above image courtesy Partners Trust Beverly Hills|
The home measures 5 Beds/9 Baths on 11,291 sqft on a total lot size of 2 acres built in 2003 which is currently listed for sale at $5,495,000 on April 1, 2013.
A true, resort quality, custom estate set privately behind gates, on a cul-de-sac street south of the Blvd. This impressive retreat welcomes guests w/ a comfortable scale, open floor plan and the finest amenities - which include a state-of-the-art home theater, Crestron Home Automation, a massive gym, luxurious spa and gourmet chef's dream kitchen. The master suite is a sumptuous sanctuary offering a sitting area w/ fireplace, his and hers baths, and a dressing room equally befitting a posh boutique on Rodeo Dr. Experience quintessential California living, w/ walls of glass doors opening to the large, lush lot, complete w/ entertaining areas for all occasions. Expansive views of the valley & mountains beyond act as an exquisite backdrop to the magnificent pool & spa. Come, escape to paradise.
Kevin James first acquired this property back on August 14, 2003 for $3.2 million as a new home barely one year after acquiring his first Encino home. If James sells at today's asking price, he stands to profit an amazing $2,295,000 before taxes, commissions, carrying cost, and any other home upkeep expenses.
With Kevin James having already off-loaded one Encino home and now selling the second and possibly last CA property, it seems like he is permanently moving to Florida (assuming he has no other property elsewhere). James just acquired a Delray Beach, Florida mansion back in August 2012. The Florida home was purchased for $18,500,000 which measures 26,509 sqft with 8 Beds and 9 full and 3 half bathrooms. This home was discussed in greater detail at the Realestalker.
James faces some serious competition at the high end as the Encino market has been hit lately with high priced celebrity as well as non-celebrity homes which are currently available:
- The late Warren Cowan, who was a publicist to the stars, just sold for $2 million on March 2013.
- Shirley Jones of the Partridge Family is currently available for $2.1 million.
- The late Fred Travalena's long time Encino home currently listed at $1,425,000.
- David Hasselhoff's long time Encino Mansion currently priced at $3,795,000.
- Joe Simpson's Royal Oaks Mansion which is currently listed for $4,395,000
- The former Al Jolson Estate which was owned by Charlie Sheen at one time is listed for $6.5 million.
- The former home of Selena Gomez just sold for $3.5 million in December 2012.
- Heidi Saban Stills (father is billionaire Haim Saban) home just sold for $2.4 million in February 2013.
- The former Macy Gray home is available for $5.9 million.
- The former Joey Lawrence home just sold for $1.875 million in February 2013.
There are many celebrities who previously or currently call Encino home like Tori Spelling (former), Scott Baio (former), the Jackson Family compound, Leighton Meester, Annette Funicello's fire destroyed home, Brian Bloom, Tamar Braxton and Vincent Herbert (former), Vampire Diaries Director (former), Jennifer Morrison (former), Dave Grohl, Donald Penn, and Shirley MacLaine (former) to name a few (or several).
You can view more Celebrity Real Estate here.