Fresh on the heels of the largest ever MLB contract signed for a right-handed pitcher worth $147 million over six years with the Los Angeles Dodgers on December 8, 2012, Donald Zachary "Zach" Greinke purchased a brand new home built in 2012 for $4,575,000 in Studio City on March 31, 2013 via Lauren Beale at LA Times Hot Property. Not too long on April 8, 2013 after Zach acquired the home, he injured his collar bone in a bench clearing brawl with Carlos Quentin of the San Diego Padres which will have him sidelined for 8 weeks (see video below). The timing seems almost coincidental which in some weird karma fate type of thing gives him more time to enjoy his new home.
Greinke made his debut with the Royals in 2004 and won the MLB All-Star Game as well as the American League Cy Young Award in 2009. H also played for the Brewers after the 2010 season and in 2012 was traded to the Angels.
The home measures 7 Beds/10 (or 11) Baths on 10,992 sqft on a total lot size of 1.05 acres built in 2012. The listing description states:
One-of-a-Kind, New Construction, Greene & Greene inspired California Craftsman. A collaboration between noted architect, Ray Keller, and acclaimed designer, Dixon Chang. Take a step back to the days of grandeur & elegance to appreciate this unique "Design & Character" 7 bedroom / 9 full baths & 2 powder rooms gated craftsman compound. Built for the buyer who appreciates historic California architecture, but loves modern amenities. Features include a gated 2 structure compound with approximately 9 car motor court, 4 garage spaces, a water fall & walking bridge.
This home was first listed back on March 6, 2013 for $4,995,000 and was reduced $420,000 to make this sale happen.
Greinke will share this home with his wife, Emily Kuchar, who first met in high school in Florida. Emily is a former Dallas Cowboys cheerleader and was Miss Daytona Beach USA 2008.
|Above images courtesy Keller Williams Beverly Hills|
Greinke grew up in Apopka, Florida which is roughly 30 minutes drive north of Orlando. Greinke continues to own a modest home measuring 4 Beds/3 Baths on 2,618 sqft on a total lot size of 3,273 sqft built in 1985. The home is located in the Doctor Phillips area of Orlando (shown below) which was purchased back on September 26, 2002 for $269,000 when Greinke was in the minor leagues. Currently, this home may be occupied by Greinke's parents but that is just pure speculation and unconfirmed.
|Image courtesy Google Maps|
Prior to the home purchased in Studio City, Greinke may have been renting a 4 Bed/5 Bath lakefront home measuring 4,570 sqft in Orlando, Florida (shown below) but that is pure speculation and unconfirmed.
|Image courtesy Bing Maps|
You can view more SFV Celebrity Real Estate here.
Other celebrities from Studio City featured on this website include:
- Producer Mark Wilding who purchased a home in July 2012 for $1,825,000.
- Actress Kathy Najimy who listed for $1,875,000 on March 4, 2013.
- The Late Sage Stallone (son of Sylvester Stallone) home hit the market on February 23, 2013 for $2,399,999.
- Signer-songwriter Kara DioGuardi sold her mansion for $6.3 million on December 28, 2012.
- Actress Persia White's Short Sale for $1,199,000 on February 5, 2013.
- Actor Hayden Christensen Lists Architectural home for $2,650,000 on September 20, 2012.
- The Studio City home claimed to be last resting place for Beatles George Harrison sold on October 10, 2012 for $1,489,000.
- Alpha Dog's Anton Yelchin purchased a home for $945,000 on May 18, 2012.
- Musician Pete Wentz purchased a home for $1,050,000 on April 13, 2012.
- Judge Judy producer, Timothy Regler, listed his home for $4,495,000 on April, 19, 2012.
- The Kardashians fake home is available for $6,495,000 on February 29, 2012.
- Kristen Bell's home was foreclosed on February 10, 2012 which later sold for $1,954,000 on April 30, 2012.
- Musician Billy Howerdel listed his home on January 18, 2012 for $1.8 million.
- Jeopardy host Alex Trebek unloading a home near his main home for $1,640,000 on December 2, 2011.
- Boys Like Girls singer Martin Johnson purchased on January 7, 2011 for $737,000.
- The Former Cuba Gooding, Jr. home that was sold by Composer-Arranger Roger Neil on February 3, 2012 for $1,550,000.
- Former Jane Fonda house sold by actor Ethan Suplee for $1.6 million on January 2, 2013.
- Former Yvonne de Carlo home sold for $6.25 million on August 5, 2011.
- Singer-actress Miley Cyrus purchases ahome for $3.9 million on June 1, 2011.
- The Estate of Anna Nicole Smith's home was listed for $1,750,000 on June 30, 2011.
- The Late cartoonist Joseph Barbera's 2 acre mansion was listed at $6,795,000 on June 2, 2011.
- Neil Patrick Harris of Doogie Howser fame, sold his home for $1,535,000 on April 28, 2011 and purchased in nearby Sherman Oaks.
- Actor Taye Diggs purchases a home for $2,090,000 on April 27, 2010.
- Survivor host, Jeff Probst, purchased the Gene Autry mansion for $5 million on April 1, 2011.
- George Clooney owns a home that was purchased in 1995.